Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
I love that one can basically watch Downton Abbey 24/7, hopping from one primary PBS station to their several secondary channels. Thoroughly enjoy watching them over and over again.

I love that one can basically watch Downton Abbey 24/7, hopping from one primary PBS station to their several secondary channels. Thoroughly enjoy watching them over and over again.

The show definitely has enough good stuff going one visually in period sets, clothes, cars etc., along with - mainly - interesting plots and story lines, to make the second or third watching of an episode quite enjoyable.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
The show definitely has enough good stuff going one visually in period sets, clothes, cars etc., along with - mainly - interesting plots and story lines, to make the second or third watching of an episode quite enjoyable.

I'm really looking forward to the start of the last season of Downton. I think it is fitting that it ends now.

Plus, the new, Victorian-themed episode of Sherlock is on this Friday!!! I am going to bask in the glory of being an Anglophile all weekend. :D

I'm really looking forward to the start of the last season of Downton. I think it is fitting that it ends now.

Plus, the new, Victorian-themed episode of Sherlock is on this Friday!!! I am going to bask in the glory of being an Anglophile all weekend. :D

My DVR is set for both - and really excited about both.

A proper Sherlock Holmes? On what network? That would be a show I could really enjoy.
:D

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
A proper Sherlock Holmes? On what network? That would be a show I could really enjoy.

Masterpiece Classic on PBS TONIGHT!

Caveat: Apart from the Victorian setting, I have avoided spoilers on this episode, but note that it's part of the (excellent) CONTEMPORARY-set Sherlock series, so to what extent it's a close adaptation of the original stories vs. the modern events depicted in the series is unclear. Dream? Fantasy? Earlier ancestors? No relationship or explanation? We'll see.

Caveat: Apart from the Victorian setting, I have avoided spoilers on this episode, but note that it's part of the (excellent) CONTEMPORARY-set Sherlock series, so to what extent it's a close adaptation of the original stories vs. the modern events depicted in the series is unclear. Dream? Fantasy? Earlier ancestors? No relationship or explanation? We'll see.
Thank you very much for the information. I will definitely give it a chance.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
You know, I was pretty dubious about Penny Dreadful - I expected a mess on the order of the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen film - but I like it a lot. I agree that it's totally outstanding in every category you mentioned. And the second season is even better than the first: "The Cut Wife" episode was one of last year's very best hours of TV!

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
that's why we are limiting ourselves to one episode a day - this way, we have it to look forward to everyday as we watch it once we are done working.

I wish I had that kind of patience. LOL. Unfortunately, I binge-watched the whole thing in 2 days. Couldn't help myself. :D

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up

I CANNOT WAIT!!!!

Edward

Bartender
We're about to watch it, but my expectations are low. Having ruined Doctor Who, Moffat did his best to ruin Sherlock with series three... And succeeded. I'll give it a go in case he's forgotten himself and written a good story instead of just showing off how clever he thinks he is. I'm wary of the Victorian setting, though. The whole point of this version was how they made it work in the present day; reverting to Victoriana is an indulgence. It could work as a standalone, but I have a bad feeling Moffat will try and tie the two together with some clumsy device. We'll soon see!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80