Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
James May Toy stories: The Motorcycle Diary! Going around the Isle Of Mans TT course on a motorbike made from a Meccano set, (for us on the other side of the pond, that's an Erector Set!) Spoiler alert, absolutely the slowest lap time in TT history, but, the crowd loved it!

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
I think you've got me....who was it?

Paul McGann.

He was Lt. Bush in the later Hornblowers and he was the original Sharpe in the Sharpe's Rifles series. In what was (is?) the most expensive insurance payout in tv production circles, he broke a leg playing soccer while in early filming of the first episode.

A certain Sean Bean was cast as the replacement. Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones fans will know who he is.

Withnail & I fans and some Doctor Who fans will know who Paul McGann is!

Reactions: DNO

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
The Trailer Park Boys Christmas Special.

There is absolutely nothing from the show I can quote here.

But it's a tradition. I proposed to my (now) wife on Christmas Eve 2004. That night, TTPB special was broadcoast on Canada's Showcase network (they originally produced the show).

We have watched it together every Christmas eve since, except this year. We saw it together while I was home on a week's leave last month, the night before our "early" Christmas for our girls.

And I just watched in now with some buddies in the wardroom, on the "other" Christmas eve, family away from home.

It's 2333 hours here in Italy, Merry Christmas folks!

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Watching Game of Thrones for a second time. Picking up on some weaknesses this go around. The other four Night's Watch leaving Jon Snow to snuff Ygritte. That was lazy. That whole sequence lacked sophistication.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari