Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

DNO

One Too Many
I hope so! That would be awesome!
I'm a fan of both the TV series and the books. I always enjoyed the Capt Pellew character played by Robert Lindsay. I also felt that the character of Mr. Bush needed to be given a more significant part in the series in order to reflect his character's more prominent role in Forester's books.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"Childhood's End" - I read the novel years ago. I knew the reveal at the end of the first episode but didn't reveal it to anyone to let the surprise truly sink in. Not a bad adaptation but not must see T.V. either. You could do worse for a 6 hour mini series. Not sure it's good fare for the Holiday Season however...

Worf

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Chasing Classic Cars! A Ford Model T House Car. That's right, a small house on a car built at the factory. Not a camper, just a decorative house! Possibly, the only one left in the world.
443832_zpscgmiqjid.jpg

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
I'm a fan of both the TV series and the books. I always enjoyed the Capt Pellew character played by Robert Lindsay. I also felt that the character of Mr. Bush needed to be given a more significant part in the series in order to reflect his character's more prominent role in Forester's books.

Agreed, it's tough I think though to translate a character and event filled book into tv or film. I feel the same way about the Sharpe novels and series. If only...

Trivia time - what actor links both Hornblower and Sharpe's Rifles?

Just started to watch the original Danish/Swedish version of "The Bridge". Watched two episodes and it looks good enough to continue. I enjoyed the American version of it last year, not great but decent. We shall see if the original holds up better

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Fargo season 2 finale. They played a dangerous game with tying it into season 1 with more than a nod or hint, but I liked it. They landed on the good side of the line with it. Smart that they did it at the beginning of the episode, too. I hope Dunst gets some recognition. She was fantastic throughout the season. Best acting I've seen on TV this year. It doesn't hurt that her part was written so well. Milligan's fate was brilliant. Spun perfectly, and heavyhanded preaching on the sly. Nice set-up for season 3...that isn't slated until 2017 from what I've read.

Reactions: DNO
dos Anjos vs. Cerrone 2
Nate Diaz is completely unlikeable. He is the epitome of a horrible sport. He completely lacks any sense of class. He makes Rousey look classy. Unfortunately, he will win a decision tonight.
:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass