Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

"American Experience: The Perfect Crime." It told the Leopold and Loeb murder story from the perspective of Clarence Darrow's defense of what was an all but undisputed premeditated murder.

It put his strategy in the context of the longer term debate and evolving thought about capital punishment, individual responsibility and mitigating life-experience issues. Since most history buffs (most FL members) know the L&L story, it was enjoyable to see it told in the framework of the historical debate about capital punishment.

That said, no matter how familiar you are with the story, how long ago it happened, it is still chilling to think that these two young men killed an innocent boy just to see if they could get away with it.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Next episode of Band of Brothers - "The Breaking Point." I'm going to go on record that this episode is more gut-wrenching than Bastogne. Both are hard to watch, but "The Breaking Point" is tougher for me.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Next episode of Band of Brothers - "The Breaking Point." I'm going to go on record that this episode is more gut-wrenching than Bastogne. Both are hard to watch, but "The Breaking Point" is tougher for me.

In his later years, my father who served in WW2, on occasions
would still have bad dreams about his experiences over there.
“It never really goes away”, he would tell me.
I’m happy that he has found peace at last. I miss him.

As for myself, having served during the Vietnam conflict.
I think about the guys that made it back & are living
somewhere in the US. It sure would be nice to see
how they are doing now.
I never thought at the time to ask for their address.
I was just happy to be back home in one piece.

Although the first years back home, no one could tell me what to do.
I got over that & appreciate life so much. :)

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
I'm done being manipulated by Gimple & Company. I was finished after Glenn's Houdini act, and the "cliff hanger" stupidity of the show has just boiled over. Too much for me... I'm done.
The over-the-top manipulation of Glenn and the dumpster was the end for me, too. If you're going to be like that, don't be lazy about it. And don't keep telling us "anyone can die at any time" BS. That's an excuse for a lack of ideas and phoning in the story via cheap manipulation. Gimple is so arrogant and glib, as if he's a great writer. He's a used car salesman on his best day. The more he got involved with the creative side, the worse the show became.

I haven't watched it since the Glen deal, but because I watch The Good Wife, I know who is playing Negan. That guy is a fun actor. Good casting.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Finished off the new X-Files series which my wife had PVR'd for me while I was deployed. I assume the ending is a teaser/cliff-hanger for another series?

Let's hope so, this was better than I'd expected...

Finished off the new X-Files series which my wife had PVR'd for me while I was deployed. I assume the ending is a teaser/cliff-hanger for another series?

Let's hope so, this was better than I'd expected...
I really wanted it to be good, but it didn't work for me. The acting seemed off, especially Duchovny's. I have yet to watch the last two episodes. Maybe I will. The original series was one of my favorites.
:D

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Last night we had a mixed bag. Friday night is "movie night", first something with our girls, then after their beddy-byes something grown up.

First off were two episodes of the 1995 Pride and Prejudice mini series with Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth. Then my wife and I watched the latest Big Bang Theory which was great fun.

For drama, we saw this week's Supernatural (brilliant!).

To top the evening off, I'd surprised my wife by getting series two of Peaky Blinders. We saw the first episode to cap off our night!

It was fantastic, but we may watch it again to get the details down on how the clan is moving into London. The wine had kicked in by that point!

Last night we had a mixed bag. Friday night is "movie night", first something with our girls, then after their beddy-byes something grown up.

First off were two episodes of the 1995 Pride and Prejudice mini series with Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth. Then my wife and I watched the latest Big Bang Theory which was great fun.

For drama, we saw this week's Supernatural (brilliant!).

To top the evening off, I'd surprised my wife by getting series two of Peaky Blinders. We saw the first episode to cap off our night!

It was fantastic, but we may watch it again to get the details down on how the clan is moving into London. The wine had kicked in by that point!
Great choice in Peaky Blinders. That, Penny Dreadful, and Boardwalk Empire have provided us with a lot of quality and fun entertainment the past couple of years. :D

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Great choice in Peaky Blinders. That, Penny Dreadful, and Boardwalk Empire have provided us with a lot of quality and fun entertainment the past couple of years. :D

I am GAGGING to be able to see the third season of Penny Dreadful! My wife and I are huge, HUGE fans of Boardwalk, but think Peaky Blinders is even better, we think it's that good!

I am GAGGING to be able to see the third season of Penny Dreadful! My wife and I are huge, HUGE fans of Boardwalk, but think Peaky Blinders is even better, we think it's that good!
It is that good! We are huge fans of all three, but to say which we enjoy most I do not think I can do. Each episode draws us in like no other shows. There have been a number of really good shows out there the past few ears, but these shows are magic.
:D

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
I'd surprised my wife by getting series two of Peaky Blinders. We saw the first episode to cap off our night!

We did as promised and re-watched episode one, and are glad we did. We picked up on so much detail we'd missed the first time around. We then saw episode two (series two). Man, what a brilliant show is Peaky Blinders!

My wife is dumbfounded however that there are only six episodes each series. It is a bit of a drag...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou