Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

To continue the discussion about Star Trek - the Original Series, I guess I've just gotten used to the remastered episodes. I agree that the remastered special effects don't really bring anything extra to the episodes or make them better--they rise or fall on the strength of the stories and the performances, just as they always have, and new special effects can't improve some of the "clunker" episodes ("Spock's Brain"? Seriously???). At least Paramount didn't take a page from the George Lucas playbook and refuse to make the original un-remastered episodes available. :rolleyes:

Edward

Bartender
British TV at it's best.
Cathy Come Home.
A story/play made in a documentary style about the plight of homelessness in the UK during the 1960s that provoked anger both amongst the viewers who were unaware of these situations, and politicians who thought films such as this should not be shown.
Real people and actors make this one of the most distressing but highly watchable pieces of TV you are ever likely to see.

Real punch the screen angry TV. Well done Ken Loach.

Ken Loach is a genius, I don't think he's ever gone wrong.

With nothing on but the Olympics, and with only being able to watch so much before aptly reminded of the incredible social and financial costs of the damn thing, I've been really enjoying the HBO mini-series John Adams, which I've never seen. Giamatti wouldn't have been my choice, but he isn't too distracting. Also makes me wish Turn hadn't just ended. Relationships. Life is about them. Behind most great men, there's likely to be an even greater woman and support system.

Ah, the Olympics is suddenly more bearable this year because it's not in my city (nor, thankfully, will it ever be again in my lifetime; here's desperately hopong the English never get to host the soccer workd cup), not in my face, and I have Netflix now do it doesn't disrupt my viewing schedule. I managed to avoid every single bit of coverage of the London games, but that was tricky at the time. This one is a breeze.

We've finished Stranger Things and are now working our way through the first series of IZombie, which is great fun.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Chasing Classic Cars. I don't fully watch the episodes, fast forward through all the cars I don't care for. I could care less about big boat muscle cars and Corvette's these days! Love when an unusual off the wall car is shown.

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
Been catching up on the classics over the last few weeks. I've been watching all the seasons of both "Hell On Wheels" & "Deadwood" .....It's the first time I had seen them. Deadwood was also the first time I had seen Olyphant in anything & boy, is he a bad actor ! ........his wooden performance, robotic walk & clenched teeth Eastwood impression really got my nerves.
'Justified' is on my 'to watch' list but I'm not sure I can take any more Olyphant. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Been catching up on the classics over the last few weeks. I've been watching all the seasons of both "Hell On Wheels" & "Deadwood" .....It's the first time I had seen them. Deadwood was also the first time I had seen Olyphant in anything & boy, is he a bad actor ! ........his wooden performance, robotic walk & clenched teeth Eastwood impression really got my nerves.
'Justified' is on my 'to watch' list but I'm not sure I can take any more Olyphant. :rolleyes:
I watched Deadwood more for Ian McShane. His portrayal of Al is magnificent.

EngProf

Practically Family

Good luck on "Justified"... Olyphant's acting may be the least of your worries.
I tried to watch it and made it through the third episode before giving it up. They had so many errors concerning firearms usage and nomenclature that I couldn't buy the notion that these people are supposed to be either lawmen or crooks in a real rural environment. They kept saying and doing things that would fit a Hollywood screen-writer's level of knowledge and experience on such things, not that of real people in that situation.
Some of my friends said I was being too harsh, but as I said to them, if you made a show about professional musicians and one of them called a trumpet a trombone, and didn't seem to know the difference, it would quickly kill your willing suspension of disbelief.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
We have finished off season three of Brooklyn Nine-Nine (awesome end to a great season, we were glad when the early story line ended, it was getting stale), and we saw episodes four and five of season two of Penny Dreadful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24