Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
The Strain. fun episode. pretty darn good fight scene. I really LOVE The Ancients. Even when they're just sitting on their stands and twitching, I'm super into those scenes.

Divorce. I like the casting of this show a lot. Viva la Mad Men!

Indian Summers. YES. I need to go back and revisit season 1. The Dalal's home makes no sense to me. I could swear they lived on a street with walls separating neighbors; tight quarters with community areas. And now they have this big back yard with flower beds. Lots of great characters in this show. I'll be sorry to see them go.

Poldark. I hope Demelza's character is allowed to grow more. She's incredibly annoying the way she's written and acted. Gotta visit Cornwall someday. That's for sure.

...Indian Summers. YES. I need to go back and revisit season 1. The Dalal's home makes no sense to me. I could swear they lived on a street with walls separating neighbors; tight quarters with community areas. And now they have this big back yard with flower beds. Lots of great characters in this show. I'll be sorry to see them go.....

We noticed the same thing - quite a nice move up but, to our memory, no explanation of how it happened.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Poldark. Getting a little heated. I'm guessing the book author isn't known for his female characters. I'd be fine with this all being about the mines and commerce.

The Durrells in Corfu. The ol' dysfunctional family comedic period piece. I'm rather excited to watch this thing get its legs. *not slapstick.

Last edited:

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
I'd like the Blue Jays if it wasn't like watching half a line-up of Dave Kingmans. When it works, great. The rest of the time it is painful to watch. Forgive me, but I want to watch hitters. Every swing doesn't have to result in a homerun, you one-dimensional egomaniacs. Does anyone else realize how truly odd it is that the mohawk is the trendy doo in baseball?

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
The Jays finally showing that Cleveland are in fact mortal, 5-1, staying alive and at least one more game in T.O. Now going to watch the last two episodes of this season's Longmire, quite gripping this season.

Inkstainedwretch

One Too Many
The third episode of Timeless. This time Vegas in the Rat Pack years (1962). Pretty good with the clothes and the hairdos, which I actually remember. Story still confused and I hope they're not just making it up as they go along, like in "Under the Dome," but still enjoyable.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I'd like the Blue Jays if it wasn't like watching half a line-up of Dave Kingmans. When it works, great. The rest of the time it is painful to watch. Forgive me, but I want to watch hitters. Every swing doesn't have to result in a homerun, you one-dimensional egomaniacs. Does anyone else realize how truly odd it is that the mohawk is the trendy doo in baseball?

Dave Kingman? Dave Kingman? Did you say.... DAVE KINGMAN??????? Wow did you "date" yourself with that reference. I was livin' in Queens and a die-hard Mets Fan when Dave "King Kongman" broke into the bigs. Great power, low average and Kong had a better personality. Still the only man with 500 home runs NOT in the Hall of Fame if I recall correctly. Whadda Marooon.

Worf

Dave Kingman? Dave Kingman? Did you say.... DAVE KINGMAN??????? Wow did you "date" yourself with that reference. I was livin' in Queens and a die-hard Mets Fan when Dave "King Kongman" broke into the bigs. Great power, low average and Kong had a better personality. Still the only man with 500 home runs NOT in the Hall of Fame if I recall correctly. Whadda Marooon.

Worf

I had a similar reaction - he shook lose a very old memory. As you implied, a lot of strike out for every home run, but a heck of an exciting player.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
The third episode of Timeless. This time Vegas in the Rat Pack years (1962). Pretty good with the clothes and the hairdos, which I actually remember. Story still confused and I hope they're not just making it up as they go along, like in "Under the Dome," but still enjoyable.
Darn! I'm sorry to have missed that one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael