Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
The Twilight Zone: Occurrence At Owl Creek Bridge. One of the all time greats! Only Rod and his fellow writers would have birds singing and the sound of a slow moving creek, as the only sounds when such a heinous act is about to take place!

Several "The Twilight Zone" episodes including the one where "Mr. Death" comes to take a old street corner pitch man and the pitch man bargains for a little girl's life in a neat-twist sorta way (what TTZ does best).

Also, saw the one that is a riff on "Sunset BLVD -" decent episode but a blatant rip off of the movie.

I've recorded several more, so we plan on watching them off and on for the next several days.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
The Twilight Zone: Occurrence At Owl Creek Bridge. One of the all time greats! Only Rod and his fellow writers would have birds singing and the sound of a slow moving creek, as the only sounds when such a heinous act is about to take place!

Actually, this episode is the lone case where TZ outsourced. It was a short adapting the Bierce story made in France. They just bookended it with Serling's narration.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Occurrence_at_Owl_Creek_Bridge_(film)

This is no knock on Zone, which has long been nearly my all-time favorite show. (I actually saw some the later episodes when they first aired as a little kid. My parents were cool!)

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Sunday Jan 1st, 2017...

This:
332ot36.jpg

And this:
detmcn.jpg

Hope yours is better!

Last edited:
More "The Twilight Zone" episodes:

"The Long Morrow," good by-the-book TTZ episode with a neat twist (won't reveal for the one person on earth yet to see it). Marietta Hartley plays the female lead and it makes you wonder why she didn't have more of a career. She kicked around TV for years - guest appearing in 800+ different series - but never landing a hit one for herself or, even better, jumping to movies. If she hadn't done those cute Polaroid commercial with James Gardner in the '70s, she really would have faded away.

"Mute," one I hadn't seen in a long, long time about a telepathic girl who was raised not to speak (to advance her telepathic powers), but ends up informally adopted into a regular family after her parents die in a fire. The telepathy connection goes back to a telepathic society in Germany - the girl's German parents immigrated to America to raise her. Also the adopting family lost a very young daughter to a swimming accident which emotionally motivates the mother, but, coldly, not the father, to embrace the telepathic girl. It's an interesting premise, but is handled sloppily - with many loose ends left loose - resulting in a unsatisfying, yet curious, story that needed tighter writing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails