Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

:eusa_clap
I used to have a subscription back in the 80's, and would read his column.
There was one trip they took, testing out a group of cars, and the ZZ Top Eliminator Cassette....CASSETTE was a favorite among the drivers. Apparently many of them felt it was good traveling music. I still agree with that statement, and take it on the road with me (in the CD form of course) every time.

That will be odd to have a German car on your lot.
Will your dad allow that? ;)

[video=youtube_share;7wRHBLwpASw]http://youtu.be/7wRHBLwpASw[/video]

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
[video=youtube_share;7wRHBLwpASw]http://youtu.be/7wRHBLwpASw[/video]

This album was before they decided to use the synthesizer a whole lot, like with Afterburner. :eusa_doh:
While it had some effects, it was still a basic instrument driven rock album.
My favorite being "I Need You Tonight", with an incredible (and long) guitar solo.

Because this is a tv thread, I'd watch them on Friday Night Videos. :p

cw3pa

A-List Customer
"The Bletchley Circle, Cracking the Killers Code". A good murder mystery set in London around 1950. With period environment and attitudes toward women. If you like "Foyle's War" I think you'll like "Bletchley Circle".

Last edited:
This album was before they decided to use the synthesizer a whole lot, like with Afterburner. :eusa_doh:
While it had some effects, it was still a basic instrument driven rock album.
My favorite being "I Need You Tonight", with an incredible (and long) guitar solo.

Because this is a tv thread, I'd watch them on Friday Night Videos. :p

Beyond this album I haven't paid attention. :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Beyond this album I haven't paid attention. :p
I couldn't agree more.

Once I listened to a few cuts (from the past 3 albums), I realized the following about the reviews I read (claiming the group had returned to their roots and old sound).
First, the reviewers have no idea what ZZ Top used to sound like, second they have no taste in music because they are tone deaf, or third they are simply too stupid to appreciate GOOD music. :D

After the movie I watched, I decided to watch an episode of Leave It To Beaver.
Ward IS a Sharp Dressed Man. ;)
Ward lets the boys paint without any supervision, after letting them read Tom Sawyer.

"The Bletchley Circle, Cracking the Killers Code". A good murder mystery set in London around 1950. With period environment and attitudes toward women. If you like "Foyle's War" I think you'll like "Bletchley Circle".

I saw it when it first came on and really enjoyed it, but it did seem to fly under the radar a bit. That said, at the time, I remember reading it was being considered for a series.

And, yes, it has many Foyle War similarities. The recently aired three new episodes of Foyle's was were quite enjoyable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24