Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
CBS News Sunday morning. A couple interesting segments. One on paperweights as art featuring contemporary paperweight artist Paul Stankard. Seventy five thousand dollar paperweight, anyone? The other was on cowboy cook Kent Rollins, who said he was a vegetarian. "Cows eat grass and I eat cows."
They've had some multi-thousand dollar paperweights on Antiques Roadshow, too. There are quite a few glassmakers, of various disciplines, worth a lot of money. It makes sense when you think about how much some lamps, vases, etc are worth. Same goes for pottery. I'm not into them, but it's clear there are a lot of people into these things. I'll listen and learn.

They've had some multi-thousand dollar paperweights on Antiques Roadshow, too. There are quite a few glassmakers, of various disciplines, worth a lot of money. It makes sense when you think about how much some lamps, vases, etc are worth. Same goes for pottery. I'm not into them, but it's clear there are a lot of people into these things. I'll listen and learn.

So right. I'm always open to what I don't know.

Horace Debussy Jones

A-List Customer
Just watched a BBC miniseries thing called "Our World War". About world war one, and not bad really even though they put in some modern music here and there. It was only 3 episodes, but left me wanting more as they seemed historically accurate as they were based upon real accounts and letters from some of the people who were there. They covered the first battle at Mons in Belgium, a typical incident mid-war, and the last battle at Amiens in which they used the newly invented tanks to end the stalemate of trench warfare. Quite interesting to me as I think that The Great War is a fascinating part of history.

Feraud

Bartender
We're watching the final season of Sons of Anarchy on Netflix. I lost interest after the writers killed of Clay (Ron Perlman). I never liked the momma's boy Jax. His character is as interesting as a plank of wood.

Is that the one done by the History Channel? Surprisingly good.

What amazed me, when that first came out years ago, is where all this color film came from. For the past four or five decades, WWII was in black and white and, then, BAM, like when Dorothy lands in OZ, everything was in color. What, did they find a cache of color film somewhere? It didn't happen gradually over time, it was like it happened all at once.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
What amazed me, when that first came out years ago, is where all this color film came from. For the past four or five decades, WWII was in black and white and, then, BAM, like when Dorothy lands in OZ, everything was in color. What, did they find a cache of color film somewhere? It didn't happen gradually over time, it was like it happened all at once.

If I remember right, they searched world-wide for all that footage. It is rather amazing that it all came out at once.

I scored that entire miniseries for $20 last year. Amazon had it on sale. ;)

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
The Spy in the Hanoi Hilton. Vice Admiral James Stockdale truly was a hero! This is another one, where truth is way, way stranger then fiction!

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Newish. I was watching "Tooth and Claw". Tennant was awesome!!

Have you seen Broadchurch? (The British version, not the US remake). He is excellent in that. It's a tough show to watch, but the first season is really well done. I think I started watching it at 7 p.m. one night on Netflix and watched the entire season. Couldn't stop.

Have you seen Broadchurch? (The British version, not the US remake). He is excellent in that. It's a tough show to watch, but the first season is really well done. I think I started watching it at 7 p.m. one night on Netflix and watched the entire season. Couldn't stop.

Yes. The UK series is excellent. The US version sucked. :p

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran