Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Woland

One of the Regulars
Bought the complete "A Family at War" on DVD.
Remembered it fondly from my days as a youngster and was very pleased to conclude that it still is a quality product.
At episode 23 now...
(Seen some really ugly fair isle sweaters...)

924471m.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Mad Men.

It is SO a soap opera for men.
I was really surprised, and disappointed by how superficial (not intentionally so) it was.

LD

Spiffy

A-List Customer
Lady Day said:
Mad Men.

It is SO a soap opera for men.
I was really surprised, and disappointed by how superficial (not intentionally so) it was.

LD

I had a long discussion with someone last night debating whether the alienation between Don Draper and the audience (aka, confusing/distancing plot) was an intentional parallel with executive producer Matthew Weiner's own generational alienation.

Aka; Do are we forced to relate to Don Draper the way that Matt was forced to relate to his parent's generation?

Film majors. Go figure.

In other news, the Briar Rose episode of Dollhouse reaffirmed my membership in the Joss Whedon=Televison God club.

FedoraDave

New in Town
A friend of mine sent me a show titled "Foyle's War." I have only seen four or so episodes and I am hooked. The show is a detective series set at the begining of WWII, England.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Spiffy said:
I had a long discussion with someone last night debating whether the alienation between Don Draper and the audience (aka, confusing/distancing plot) was an intentional parallel with executive producer Matthew Weiner's own generational alienation.

Aka; Do are we forced to relate to Don Draper the way that Matt was forced to relate to his parent's generation?

Film majors. Go figure.

In other news, the Briar Rose episode of Dollhouse reaffirmed my membership in the Joss Whedon=Televison God club.

I didnt care about him. I thought he was the most boring character on the show. "I am a handsome man who has a lovely family, a great job, and am well to do, but I cant enjoy it because I have a hard past."

Yeah I feel so sorry for him.

My biggest gripe (aside from all the women characters being weak) is that its like they threw jello at a wall as far as plot lines were concerned. I seriously thought I was missing episodes because so many story lines didnt get resolved, and SO many story lines just popped out of nowhere. It was so frustrating.

If I have to read 'cliff notes' in order to get the creator's/writers intention for the show, then they are not doing their job, and they need to breath some life into their characters.

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Spiffy said:
Lady Day-the female characters get MUCH better in the second season. Am I correct in assuming the Purprise Sregnacy pissed you off, too?

Purprise Sregnacy? Whats that?

I watched both seasons. The women are obviously written by men. Their writing has a Michelangelo feel to it: He never used women models in his art, just stuck boobs on the male form.

It feels like that with these women in this show. It felt like they used templates of men, and just stuck women in their places and said, "What would a women do here?"

Whatever [huh]

LD

Yeah, but they'd be a spinoff of a spinoff--NCIS is a spinoff from JAG, remember? (Anyone else remember that show?)

:eek:fftopic: LD, some personality types do carry baggage from their past for their entire lives--like the compulsively self-reliant. (Because their parents underequip them somehow while young they always feel a need to do everything themselves, make sure all the I's are dotted and the T's are crossed--generally miserable people and not fun to be around, but if you've got mission-critical matters that need to go off perfectly this is the type you want seeing to them.) Not saying that's the guy's deal, but possibly another such bit of chronic psychological damage.

----------------
Now playing: Brad Fiedel - I'll Be Back
via FoxyTunes

JennyLou

Practically Family
Miss Neecerie said:
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Although last nights episode was not -our- team at its finest....new possible spin-off team -sucks-
I actually missed last night's but I waiting for it to go up on CBS.com

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
JennyLou said:
I actually missed last night's but I waiting for it to go up on CBS.com

hehe you saw last weeks right?

otherwise not much sense shall be made...

not saying its bad....just saying the new team...yea.... :(

and DB. of course I know it was a spin off from Jag.....not the first multiple spin off show I am sure...

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Diamondback said:
:eek:fftopic: LD, some personality types do carry baggage from their past for their entire lives--like the compulsively self-reliant. (Because their parents underequip them somehow while young they always feel a need to do everything themselves, make sure all the I's are dotted and the T's are crossed--generally miserable people and not fun to be around, but if you've got mission-critical matters that need to go off perfectly this is the type you want seeing to them.) Not saying that's the guy's deal, but possibly another such bit of chronic psychological damage.

Huh?

LD

Leading Edge

One of the Regulars
Whaaaa

Miss Neecerie said:
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Although last nights episode was not -our- team at its finest....new possible spin-off team -sucks-

but LL Cool J is soooooo FINE ! ! !
and that human behaviorist character has real possibilities
not to mention, as McGee said, "I have got to get one of these."

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran