Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

I find it hard to believe that you live in NYC and haven't run across it before! Provincial life can happen anywhere... gevalt!!

Also called "matzo Brie," it's basically breaking up the sheets, wetting it and tossing with uncooked scrambled eggs, salt & pepper, and optional variants such as maple syrup, or onions, or what-have-you! Cook in pan just as you would scrambled eggs, only more gently. VOILA.

Here's a close version to my mother's basic recipe, which I make. Some folks make it in a pancake formation. ALL GOOD!!!!
View attachment 112940

Living in NYC has incredibly increased my Jewish-culture education (on one of the first trading floors I worked on, I sat next to an older Jewish man* who made it his mission to teach me some Yiddish words - which he did, he couldn't believe I had lived in the NY region my entire life and really didn't know any of them) and, to be honest (I'm not claiming it after the fact), I have heard of matzo Brie, but didn't connect it when you said "fried matzos" as my mind vapor locked on you dropping plain matzos into boiling oil or a skillet.

* This gentleman - and that's what he was, an old-school gentleman - was very culturally Jewish, kinda religious (went to temple many times a year, knew the prayers) and was married to a practicing Catholic. They raised their kids with everything - church, temple, Christmas, Hanukah, etc. Real life - when it is working - is awesome.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
After April March Madness Monday, I took a vacation day to recover and yesterday caught up with the March 28th New York Times
lying atop the kitchen table, an orphan waiting to be read. I came across a commentary writ by a Loyola University lit instructor,
Howard Axelrod whose evening poetry workshop was interrupted by the Loyola-Nevada game, which his students-mostly female-
asked to watch on the classroom television. Apparently the Rambler victory enthused the kids to greater poetic zest; aside from a
professorial zinger aimed at collegiate athletics in general; though not toward Loyola-Axelrod covered his gluteus maximus-the essay
was not without a certain charm. Hopefully, Coach Moser will remain and Loyola will become a perennial David amidst the Goliaths.:D

On vacation in Seaside, Oregon. Eating at a restaurant called Pig 'n Pancake. I'm having hashbrowns & bacon. Lily's having chocolate chip pancakes. Hubby's indulging in chicken fried steak & a biscuit.

Have a great vacation - sounds as if you guys got the eating out thing down already. Enjoy.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Bagel & cream cheese (toasted), fresh pineapple, leftover steak, cup of Lady Gray tea with Turbinado.

* Plans have changed. We were going home on Saturday afternoon, however there is a cyclone offshore (and we are staying 4 blocks from the beach!), that is going to dump 3" of rain in the next 48 hours, and winds up to 70 mph. Heading home tomorrow to get inland before the roads get too ugly for driving.

bluesmandan

A-List Customer
96e57cbbacb6a7bc4303d1de1c1775fa.jpg

Cheese grits with a hot hardboiled egg, bacon and ham. Tabanero on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...* Plans have changed. We were going home on Saturday afternoon, however there is a cyclone offshore (and we are staying 4 blocks from the beach!), that is going to dump 3" of rain in the next 48 hours, and winds up to 70 mph. Heading home tomorrow to get inland before the roads get too ugly for driving.
That's unfortunate, but I think it's a wise decision. Stay safe!

96e57cbbacb6a7bc4303d1de1c1775fa.jpg

Cheese grits with a hot hardboiled egg, bacon and ham. Tabanero on top.
If you should suddenly develop a taste for human flesh, try to give us a little advance notice. :D

bluesmandan

A-List Customer
That's unfortunate, but I think it's a wise decision. Stay safe!

If you should suddenly develop a taste for human flesh, try to give us a little advance notice. :D

Yeah, their triple sampler pack is normally $25 but the walking dead boxed version was on sale for $10, so I went with that one. All three flavors are quite good. So hard to choose...
2ac195bdd1441d8f1bae7643268dcb3c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, their triple sampler pack is normally $25 but the walking dead boxed version was on sale for $10, so I went with that one. All three flavors are quite good. So hard to choose...
2ac195bdd1441d8f1bae7643268dcb3c.jpg
This is a food thread so I won't go into detail, but I wonder if Greg Nicotero and/or the rest of the folks from KNB EFX Group have ever used it on any of their zombie makeups.

TlTgKq4.png

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Starbucks Pike's Roast and the Chicago Sun Times. Cubs ace Lester struggled through five innings against Pittsburgh last nite.:(
Baez is hitting like Ted Williams, Heyward received his fifth Golden Glove. And he's hitting the ball too.:D

Mueller's Manhattan raid befell atty-client privilege and the deputy atty general
may have committed ultra vires by extending the special counsel mandate beyond
Gen Sessions' recuse.

Starbucks Pike's Roast and the Chicago Sun Times. Cubs ace Lester struggled through five innings against Pittsburgh last nite.:(
Baez is hitting like Ted Williams, Heyward received his fifth Golden Glove. And he's hitting the ball too.:D...

Any thoughts on this strategy:

The Team With the Three-Man Rotation
The Tampa Bay Rays have embarked on an experiment that is raising eyebrows across baseball: relying exclusively on relievers during a couple of games each week

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-team-with-the-3-man-starting-rotation-1523454491

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner