Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

It's the prep, I guess. lol. It's just beef (the recipe calls for flank steak, but I usually use sirloin) cut into strips. You toss them with cornstarch and make a sauce with soy sauce, water, brown sugar, and some spices. Put everything in the crock pot and cook on high for two hours. Easy and delicious. The kids love it.

I hear you on the space. If I had any more ham left, I would have canned it, but I didn't get a big ham. Didn't get a big turkey either, now that I think about it. Just a lot of them. haha!

Last night was turkey tetrazzini with the last of the turkey. Tonight is pan fried pork chops, scalloped potatoes, steamed broccoli (requested by my very picky, don't-let-a-vegetable-come-near-me 11 year old!), and corn

Thank you on the Mongolian beef.

And you probably don't want to share this with your 11 year old, but other than a few exceptions, I'm in his / her camp on vegetables.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
A quick supper of pasta and meatsauce, as our eldest has a dress rehearsal for her theatre group's play starting tomorrow - Robin Hood!

d4f644_13434e09d4cc4340a743a1fa2c341013~mv2_d_4200_2550_s_4_2.jpg

Last night I attended a local art event at which a couple of the local food trucks were present. One of them is a purveyor of 'gourmet' tater tots, and since that or ice cream were about the only options, I had tater tots. They were topped with pulled pork, green chili sauce, and crumbled queso fresco.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last night I attended a local art event at which a couple of the local food trucks were present. One of them is a purveyor of 'gourmet' tater tots, and since that or ice cream were about the only options, I had tater tots. They were topped with pulled pork, green chili sauce, and crumbled queso fresco.

Now that sounds delicious!
Beer? ;)

And they were good?
:D

I always see this thread pop up, but never really checked it out. Interesting thread. Anyway, I decided to play. Was watching a PBS special the other day, "Christmas in New Orleans." It was primarily about putting on a Christmas jazz concert at the Saenger theater, but being NO, they of course featured food. Having visited there enough to feel it's nearly a second home, and being that cooking is a passion, I'm no stranger to the regional dishes, but had never tried this one.

fab0c15796ffb9f6f0ee189d8f23b2d4.jpg

Creole pork grillades with creamy jalapeno grits. Coupled with an Argentinian Malbec.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

I always see this thread pop up, but never really checked it out. Interesting thread. Anyway, I decided to play. Was watching a PBS special the other day, "Christmas in New Orleans." It was primarily about putting on a Christmas jazz concert at the Saenger theater, but being NO, they of course featured food. Having visited there enough to feel it's nearly a second home, and being that cooking is a passion, I'm no stranger to the regional dishes, but had never tried this one.

Creole pork grillades with creamy jalapeno grits. Coupled with an Argentinian Malbec.

Nice!

I will happily take a healthy serving or two.
:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21