Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
Last night the youngest girl (12) and I went on a trip to DC with her girl scout troop. We had steak and shake for dinner: garlic burger and fries for both of us with a salted caramel pretzel milkshake for her and a peppermint chocolate chip milkshake for me.

Tonight: breakfast- chocolate pancakes with peppermint whipped cream, potatoes browned in butter, and fried spam

Last night the youngest girl (12) and I went on a trip to DC with her girl scout troop. We had steak and shake for dinner: garlic burger and fries for both of us with a salted caramel pretzel milkshake for her and a peppermint chocolate chip milkshake for me.

Tonight: breakfast- chocolate pancakes with peppermint whipped cream, potatoes browned in butter, and fried spam
Fried spam! I haven't had that in ages. My mom used to fix it a lot when I was growing up. I love it with scrambled eggs.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Tonight at my house was homemade vegetable soup, followed by hot cocoa and gingerbread cookies. The cookies,we're not homemade, but they hit the spot)

Bigger Don

Practically Family
Shiny upholstery and riding in the family '55 Chevy station wagon on weekends enjoying
the Christmas lights downtown was a treat for us as kids.
BAck in the olden days, my father would take all the kids for a ride to look at Christmas lights on Christmas Eve. My mother always stayed at home because she wasn't feeling well or needed to get caught up on laundry or whatever.

When we returned she would say something like when might have heard something in the living room but wasn't sure. Then we would open the door and the magic had happened.

This was magical even when all of us kids were in our twenties and we relied on the next generation for the "belief" seed.

Sadly, that was when I became estranged from my family, but good memories remain.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
BAck in the olden days, my father would take all the kids for a ride to look at Christmas lights on Christmas Eve. My mother always stayed at home because she wasn't feeling well or needed to get caught up on laundry or whatever.

When we returned she would say something like when might have heard something in the living room but wasn't sure. Then we would open the door and the magic had happened.

This was magical even when all of us kids were in our twenties and we relied on the next generation for the "belief" seed.

Sadly, that was when I became estranged from my family, but good memories remain.

Same here with the family.
Of the many sisters, only one has remained a friend.

Sometimes she says to me ,"why we can't all get along like when we were young?"
You'd think as we get older, we would know better, but it's quite the opposite."

I have a trunkful of wonderful memories in my head.
Old family photos keep me going in case I forget. ;)

Btw:
Beef stew and corn-bread for dinner.

Last edited:

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Meatloaf, mixed veggies, green salad, and a baked potato for me (not Hubby).

He's struggling with smaller meals and adding snacks. I tried to explain how it works (having grown up with a diabetic brother, and having gone thru gestational diabetes myself), but I think for now I just need to take the lead & feed him what he needs when he needs it. He'll get the hang of it.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Meatloaf, mixed veggies, green salad, and a baked potato for me (not Hubby).

He's struggling with smaller meals and adding snacks. I tried to explain how it works (having grown up with a diabetic brother, and having gone thru gestational diabetes myself), but I think for now I just need to take the lead & feed him what he needs when he needs it. He'll get the hang of it.

I hope you don't eat the meatloaf in front of him.
If it was me...
I'd be doing what ever it takes to steal your plate.
11se2bt.jpg

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
Fried spam! I haven't had that in ages. My mom used to fix it a lot when I was growing up. I love it with scrambled eggs.

We don't have it often, but it just sounded good! And it was :D

Last night: hot turkey sandwiches (gravy, turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing) and green beans

Tonight: Spaghetti

Until we lost her in 2002, there was always a present under the tree for us marked from Santa. Funny how Santa's handwriting looked like Mom's.

Last night: Store bought four cheese ravioli and homemade red sauce with meatballs. Oh, and jalapeno garlic bread, from the leftover bread I made to go with red beans and rice on Sunday.

And now I want Spam.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner