Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's going on with the FL site?

Do you will still use this Forum with this hassle?

• Yes

Votes: 34 54.0%
  • No

Votes: 29 46.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Chill guys it's just vintage interweb load times for a vintage style forum all good
Just???
Thanks for that fella.
I’m feeling much better about my hobbie now.
One could say you are “just” a newbie with “just” 17 posts if they wanted to be condescending and dismissive but that would be shallow.
Just an observation.
B

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jokes are always welcome but about this existential threat to TFL? Maybe not. Too many folks with deep-rooted leather/outerwear issues. I’m developing a facial tic and stutter. Lol.
This Is the first time I’ve posted in weeks now. Every time I try to get on the lounge I get tired of waiting for it to load and move on to something else I miss you guys.

mumpy

A-List Customer
Completely unusable, I've sent messages to admins with no response. I am willing to pay a monthly fee to keep the servers running but admins don't want my money I guess.

I am on styleforum and vlj these days.

Peacoat

Bartender
Nathan has responded. It is a major systemic problem. No one is going to let the site die This is what he posted on Friday:

"The slowdown isn't caused by ads, it's the host. We're likely going to have to upgrade to a host that can handle the traffic. We've been working to solve it for weeks now, and still are having major issues."

So, just try and hang in there until it gets sorted. PC

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
Having been through the same issue with one of the early watch/divewatch forums (Equationoftime.com if anyone remembers?) :) This one sticks a bit for me as the same thing happened there and the problem just went on until all the membership was gone. Now it's just a relic with a few blogposts and the forum is long gone....

I never thought much about it before but the late slowdowns made has gotten me thinking how I would feel without this site and even though I don't post as much anymore, this place is my online home - My only online home - And without it, I don't think I would've bothered with the social aspect of the internet at all. I'd just check online stores for clothes and that'd be it...

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
We're likely going to have to upgrade to a host that can handle the traffic
I'm curious what the solution is, because it's strange that the forum is sometimes extremely slow with 800 users and then goes quite fast again with 1100. There seems to be no dependence on concurrent users and performance.
But maybe if all users look at pictures

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I try not to piss in someone else’s sandbox.
This place is free and thank you very much.
It means a lot to a lot, some to some.
If it’s too much to bear and some leave well….see you later pal. Please exit quietly and with dignity.
If you hang in there then…good to have you brother.
One thing is a certain, people will bitch, bitch, bitch no matter what, even if they don’t know what’s going on and damn sure if they can’t do anything about it.
Imma just do what i can…hurry up and wait.
YMMV
More coffee please.
B

mumpy

A-List Customer
"We're likely going to have to upgrade to a host that can handle the traffic." Need help with migration? I work in IT.
Me too, I can assist with the migration. In any case, at least let us have some backups of this forum so we can restore it somewhere else in the future and this valuable information doesn't die.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred