Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's going on with the FL site?

Do you will still use this Forum with this hassle?

• Yes

Votes: 34 54.0%
  • No

Votes: 29 46.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Well, that's where the "voluntary" part comes in - the Lounge should continue to be free for everyone to use, nothing should change. But a possibility to voluntarily express financial support would be appreciated at least by some members I think.
Good idea, only thing is may be a hassle if one of the moderators may need to declare it as income for tax purposes. Although they already have a financial stream from advertisements, I'm not sure how much more difficult it would make it.

Rich22

Practically Family
80% or more of the time when I try to navigate here it cannot be done. Not even if I wait. I was also wondering what the hell was going on.

Y'all should have seen it back in the old days. If you wanted to post a picture, you had to put it in an envelope and mail it to the Lounge. Then the Lounge would have to send that picture out for comment from everybody participating, then send the comments back to you. It was cumbersome, to say the least.

And don't get me started on what it took to "Like" a post.

Rich22

Practically Family
Took two minutes to load this page just now to see the replies. Using an iPhone right now. Something problematic remains... before the last couple of months I've rarely ever experienced issues in 6 years on here.

Mods- I appreciate the effort this must take. I've seen other forums have massive outages. Any idea what the remaining problem is that is slowing things down so badly post-migration? Thanks!

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
It can still be frustratingly slow at times. Mind you it doesn't help when you get a mouthful of hot coffee all over the laptop.
My wife, Tina, stood behind me sipping her coffee. "More problems?" She asked. "It's about as useful as a condom machine in the Vatican," I replied.
A mouthful of coffee splashed my right ear whilst the remainder showered the laptop! Hey ho!

tek8080

Familiar Face
Thank you to whoever just finally started/restarted the mail relay service! Maybe now I won't miss my dream jacket when it's posted in the classifieds.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Thank you to whoever just finally started/restarted the mail relay service! Maybe now I won't miss my dream jacket when it's posted in the classifieds.
That makes sense, my email was barraged with all the backlogged notifications and it blew up my inbox this morning!

Viking752

Practically Family
IMG_0784.jpeg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
cat laptop.jpg
Things are running as slow as ever today. My cat had a look at it and tells me it's not my laptop that's at fault. And she promised faithfully that she didn't pee all over the keyboard, so it's back to snail mail!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo