Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's on Top - Bras, panties, garter belts, slips, & stockings

texasgirl

One Too Many
I don't have any Freya. Seems like I tried one on once, and it fit a little smaller than the Fantasie. My everyday bra is the Fantasie 4520. It has no lace or seams, and I like the smooth line it gives. I do have one Fantasie that gives major bullet shaping- the Lily. I also only buy the balcony ones, they work better for a smaller frame.

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
Right there with ya on the balcony bras. I find that full coverage bras have a nasty habit of showing over my necklines, even when they're only moderately scooped. I'm fairly short waisted, so the distance from bust point to collarbone is shorter than average, even though I'm busty. Plus, and I don't know why, it just feels like the different seaming supports and shapes better.

PS - I like the idea of splitting the thread... will make it much easier to pin point desired info. Thanks!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Thanks so much! I actually found one at a thrift store today for only $2. Funnily enough it was the same as some I was looking at online for more! I guess I just lucked out. Gotta cut down the back, but heck- still quicker than making one!

palespider

One of the Regulars
As someone who is small busted but fairly round in the middle, anyone know of a long line padded bra for plus size or one where i would be able to sew in my own padding? I would really be greatful.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Does anyone wear silk knickers/panties every day? I'd love to make some but want to know if they stand up to daily wear or should be kept for special occasions.

swinggal

One Too Many
What bras to wear with 30s low-backed gowns

Hi all,

I am making a 1930s dress and own a couple of original vintage ones that have very low backs. Now I'm a 37 inch bust (14C) so I cant really go bra-less. I did see a new bra online that doesn't have a back strap instead only has arm straps to hold it up but I could find it here in Australia for sale.

Does anyone have any ideas on what a girl with an to bigger bust can do? I bought some of those sticky paper type bust supports in my size but not sure how well they work and then you have to throw them away once used. What's the solution here? What did women in the day do I wonder as many of the long gowns of the 30s had plunging backs.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
How low is low?

A trick I learned at the place I got fitted for my backless was to undo the first few hooks for as low as you want it and sandwich the flaps between the bra and your skin. Worked like a charm for me.

LD

Puzzicato

One Too Many
swinggal said:
Love your new avatar LD :) It's mid back, past a bra strap. Bit like the one in Lauren's avatar. Mmaybe the sticky bras will work.

The only time I've worn those sticky tape bras (is Brazza the brand?) I ended up peeling it off in the loo half way through the function. It pinched my skin and made my bust a very strange shape! I'm a 36C though, so not that busty.

Maybe something like this http://www.strappybras.com/Adhesive_Range/StayKups - which is apparently reusable - would be comfier and give a better shape?

http://www.dillards.com/webapp/wcs/...&linkshare=http://www.shopstyle.com/affiliate this also looks like a good solution!

swinggal

One Too Many
I have bought the sticky ones. My friend told me to use two on each boob and that they work really well and to stick them on with your arm lifted.

swinggal

One Too Many
This what I need. They are only very new but I cant find them here.

maidenformbacklessbra.jpg

Jasmine Jolene

One of the Regulars
swinggal - you can buy really really long straps which you attach to your regular back straps, you then tie up round your waist. they don't allow your bra to be very supportive but it's better than nothing! i got mine from La Senza in the UK, not sure where you might get them in the US.

for all you ladies that are looking for 100% silk stockings, i found these ones today:

http://www.stockingshq.com/cervin-champs-elysees-100-silk-stockings-927-0.html

they're obviously not vintage but i know they are the stocking of choice for many! and they ship worldwide!

roselily

One of the Regulars
garter belt question

All I can seem to find are the weak rubber-button style garter belts- my mother had ones with serious metal clips. Anyone seen any of these?

Goldfish

A-List Customer
Does anyone of yor small-chested ladies have a pointy or bullet bra that doesn't size you down too much? I am a B cup and if those bras make you look 3 sizes smaller I have nothing left to show in that 50s sweater :p. Earlier in this thread someone suggested Triumpf Doreen as good bra that is not too pointy, but the design isn't really my style. My favorite material is satin and with the good reputation that WKD bras have I am leaning towards the Maitresse or Harlow bra (price is the best, too), but I have found some interesting bras from other etailers as well. I hope some of you can share their experience with my and help me find the right bra!

WKD CC09 bra
11bn3gg.jpg

WKD Maitresse Bullet Bra
2d2b1bn.jpg

WKD Harlow Bullet Bra
atslc2.jpg

Bernie Dexter Hardware Bullet Bra
adlsi8.jpg

Cameo Starlight Bullet Bra & Panty Set
aeqr9c.jpg

Cameo S-t-r-e-t-c-h Bullet Bra
jtqb6h.jpg