Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's on your Christmas list?

Kim_B

Practically Family
VargasGirl said:
Don't put up with that! My sister was born on Dec. 15 and people always tried to do that to her and my mom got sick of it. I used to know a guy who was a twin AND born on X-mas day, so people really got stingy. Stand up for yourself!

When I was about 13, my mom finally started realizing how much I hated it. She would make me pick two or three gifts from under our tree to be saved as birthday presents. Gradually she stopped doing that - boy was I ever grateful!

I also had to share my birthday parties with a lot of my cousins growing up. All of our birthdays were in January so we'd have one big party. I wasn't too keen on having to share my special day with the others! Maybe a little spoiled, but what can I say? I use the defense that I am an only child :p ;)

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
I like the element of being surprised when I receive a gift, so whatever Christmas list I have is more of a personal "if I had the money" list.

That aside, here's what I would love to have as Christmas presents:

- Seasons 2 and 3 of Arrested Development.
- A subscription to Sirius for my car.
- A cashmere cardigan.
- A few yards of silk -- out of which I would make a fabulous dress!
- A nice watch.

Liz

I'd like the new Besame pink lipstick set, a good quality curling iron and a lot of DVDs from the the Video Beat! And some of the 45s on my want list (I'm an obsessive record collector). Since most people who know me end up giving me money, I'll probably end up buying it all myself!

Rosie

One Too Many
I was just asked today what I wanted for my birthday and Christmas. I don't know. There are things that I plan on buying myself but I always feel weird with telling people what I want it's like, "you must buy me a gift, go buy it now". Just always a bit weird to me.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Kim_B said:
I also had to share my birthday parties with a lot of my cousins growing up. All of our birthdays were in January so we'd have one big party. I wasn't too keen on having to share my special day with the others! Maybe a little spoiled, but what can I say? I use the defense that I am an only child :p ;)

I agree! my birthday is in February. It's within a two-week period of several birthdays in my family. When it's the birthday of half the people at the party, it's not your birthday party anymore.

A couple of years ago, because my parents asked, I told them I'd like to have them, my brother and his wife and I go to a certain restaurant for my birthday. (I don't mind sharing a birthday party with my father, whose birthday is three days after mine.) Several days later, they told me they'd changed which restaurant they were going to and added the whole fan-damily to the guest list. I turned down the invitation. Was it small of me? Oh, probably.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
#1. I want the first season on a dvd- 'the office'
#2. two more vintage dresses
#3. jewelry (mainly I need more vintage looking earings)

crystalface

One of the Regulars
I've come up with a list, finally. It's basically going to be a joint brithday/Christmas list, since my birthday is December 14th.
1. A gift card from H&M

2. An oktomat.
Lomo_Oktomat_thumb.jpg

It takes 8 photos within one frame:
ONDAD.jpg

3. This dress.
lucy_lg.jpg

4. An ipod.

5. A gift card at Borders.

6. The Girls Next Door Work Out DVD

That's pretty much all I really want. [huh]

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I love twin-sets, and cardigans. I also like some of the vintage-style new shoes (have to be new, I have wiiiide feet) I also really want a self-winding watch, but that's a bit too expensive to ask for.

Shopping lists of vintage FOR people: I'm always on the lookout for vintage jewelry for my sister, who is a fiend for old-school jewelry, and collects cameos particularly. My brother wants a fedora and maybe a suit.

The only thing vintage my dad would want is an M-1 Garand. lol

Viola

Elaina

One Too Many
The HK macine is a good starter machine. Many people that use it have no problems with it, but they do outgrow it as they learn. I dug mine out talking about it and plugged it in to see if after storage for a long while it as messed up, and it's still working, even after several moves. It should last you a good while.

I did find something, a mechanical watch (read about it here) and my husband said "oh hey, order it. That's a good deal." (under 60 bucks total) so...blah.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
I have felt so uninspired,there's plenty I want but without knowing what size I'll be after March clothes seem out of the question.I did see a very pretty 1930s inspired dressing gown somewhere(can't remember where),since the hubby likes to get me lingerie.
That with some slippers may be nice to throw on when I get visitors at the hospital.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
I'm adding "Pandora's Box" on dvd to my list with Louise Brooks and possibly a nice pair of reproduction oxfords.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
rubyredlocks said:
I have felt so uninspired,there's plenty I want but without knowing what size I'll be after March clothes seem out of the question.

Jewelry! Jewelry! And hats! lol

Viola

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Viola-Come to think of it,I have always wanted a proper cloche hat.;)
We had discussed getting an inexpensive wedding band since my fingers are swelling,but then my mother gave me her sweet vintage cocktail ring that I am wearing and adore.

absynth

New in Town
I to am cursed with the December birthday. Mine is on the 11th and my brother's is on the 20th, so not only were we screwed for 2 great presents but we always ended up sharing our parties. That's why I wanted to institute the unbirthday on June 11th, so I could get and do better stuff.
My list consists of
1) Ipod Nano
2) Nintendo DS
3) Alien Perfume
4) Malibran shoes from John Fluevog
5) Prada Perfume
6) G.C. to Black Bond Books ( I am addicted to reading, particularily books about Vampires and Werewolves and stuff like that)
7) G.C. to MAC Cosmetics
I always try to give a lot of options in different price ranges so that people have options. Not that I would object to actually recieving all of the things:D

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
KatieD said:
Elizabeth Arden are releasing their 8 hour cream in a vintage container in the UK from 4th December. I don't know if it's going to be available in the US but it's on my list!

Also, the Vogue hat patterns. I bought a pattern a few weeks ago and it was very disappointing as the finished result just looked like I had a piece of home made felt on my head. Has anyone else had success with making their own felt hats?

Katie

Oh WOW! I have always wanted some 8 hour cream, and what better time to get some! I googled it and couldn't find any info, I'm guessing I should go and ask in a big department store?

Kim_B

Practically Family
Changing my original post to reflect a better deal! Target is offering a Singer 30-Stitch Function Sewing Machine on sale for $65 the day after Thanksgiving...not sure how many people go shopping then, but it might be worth it to take a look! I found this on www.blackfriday.gottadeal.com in case any one is interested in the details...

Just thought I'd pass that along in case any Santa's need to know :)

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
I hope I get lots of jewellery, a gorgeous doll, lots of old movies on DVD and some elegant champagne glasses, .....oh and a jewellery box too!
:)
By the way there seems to be a lot of us here with January/February birthdays how many of you girls are Aquarians and Pisceans?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo