Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your favorite candy?

CharlieH.

One Too Many
can't believe I missed this one...

Hershey's almond bars and S'mores... not to mention Altoids, Wrigley's Doublemint, Tootsie rolls, Tootsie pops (I got to the center in about 70 licks once), and whatever hits my sweet tooth at the time.

Elaina

One Too Many
I'm the weird one...

I don't like candy. I get my kicks through sugared coffee.

When I was pregnant and had to have sweets, I chose chocolate of any kind. Wasn't picky. Oddly enough, I don't like chocolate at all.

If I have to choose, I'd have to say my homemade turtles. I add a little creme to the center of them so they're much better.

olive bleu

One Too Many
Tootsie Rolls
Candy Corn
jelly bellys

and this Italian hard candy that i buy that they fill with pure liqour(Love those italians)... you going along thinking you are sucking on a lemon drop then all of a sudden you have a mouthful of whisky...MMMM:essen:

Mojito

One Too Many
Choco is a very serious matter indeed - and I'm one of those folks who have made it their life's work to sample as many types as possible. Usually it's expensive, which helps keep consumption in check (although price doesn't always equal quality - I'm no fan of Ernest Hillier, for example, and Godiva, while nice, is not at the top of my list).

Australian maker Pink Lady do some very nice truffles - Tia Maria in particular. I'm fond of alcohol laced chocolate - a little jolt when it hits the tastebuds is good. Charbonnel et Walker's range are sublime - particularly Buck's Fizz and Pink Champagne. But of all the chocolates in all the world - including the Swiss and Belgium brigades - my favourite would have to be Lir chocolates, made in Ireland. Beautiful range of flavours, perfect quality chocco.

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
I wonder how that would taste. Carrots and thousand island dressing are good. :D

But chocolate? I thought I was starting a "healthy" candy trend. :p

olive bleu

One Too Many
happyfilmluvguy said:
I wonder how that would taste. Carrots and thousand island dressing are good. :D

But chocolate? I thought I was starting a "healthy" candy trend. :p

Dark chocolate happens to be very good for your heartlol

olive bleu

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
But tastes like someone burnt it. :eek: :(
I guess it is a matter of taste then, huh? I buy big boxes of dark chocolate from a pastry shop here and keep it in my cupboard. I never bake with it, i just eat it.Lucky me i guess that i do happen to like some some things that they have recently discovered are good for you, like dark chocolate, red wine, olives... Gin..

Barry

Practically Family
King Leo peppermint sticks (the soft kind)

Also, years ago my mom would make Kentucky style bourbon balls. I loved those too...

Barry

I am,indeed,a chocaholic...lemon drop lover...Butterskotch sucker...cinnamon ball bandit....but please...if you sit your homemade peanut brittle next to me..I'm just not sure that I could even politely leave the last piece. On occassion I have embarassed myself. I am addicted. During the Christmas holidays my daughter prepares a tin of HMPB for the family...and a seperate big box for me...that I hide. I will eat it typing on the computer while everyone else is sleeping. Then sometimes I will try and hide it from myself...so it will last longer. However..I always find it...and am determined to eat only three pieces. I choose the biggest three...then,OK...one more...maybe that small one...then...the one with all the big peanuts...just that little chewy sliver...one more big one......
Now,I do feel better. I've confessed! Please don't think poorly of me! I do wait all year...!
Only about four more weeks to go. Gee..I do hope that she remembers...cause I just gotta have it!
HD

Christopher

New in Town
Zagnut bars. Hard to find though as I think they are regional.

I will however hit the 7-11 and buy a handful of Skor just to keep me happy. Skor frozen is incredible.

At work the cheapo vending machine cranks out M & M peanuts for me. You have to eat them a certain way. First you divide the M & M's according to color, then you start with the lowest amount and eat those all the way up to the highest amount but then you save the greens for last, no matter the amount.

What? Doesn't everyone eat them that way?

Irena

One of the Regulars
Christopher said:
At work the cheapo vending machine cranks out M & M peanuts for me. You have to eat them a certain way. First you divide the M & M's according to color, then you start with the lowest amount and eat those all the way up to the highest amount but then you save the greens for last, no matter the amount.

What? Doesn't everyone eat them that way?

No, no, no. First, you arrange all the M & M's in a mosiac-style design, eating those that refuse to look neat. Then, remove one color at a time and rearrange the design to look pretty again, keeping the colors well-coordinated. Is this making any sense? Ah, well. If you at any time end up with poorly-matched colors, you're out of luck and have to ruin the fun by eating them all up. Too bad I can't eat chocolate anymore.

And my favorite candy would have to be Smarties. Close second: gummy worms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner