Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where does a gal get her hair done in LA?

ShortClara

One Too Many
I like Marisa for color at Frenchy's, but have been kind of unhappy with my haircuts from her. She just won't go far enough with a page boy. Now I'm stuck - it's just to weird to defect to another cutter in the same shop :(

Snookie

Practically Family
ShortClara said:
I like Marisa for color at Frenchy's, but have been kind of unhappy with my haircuts from her. She just won't go far enough with a page boy. Now I'm stuck - it's just to weird to defect to another cutter in the same shop :(

Try making your appt on a day you know she's not working...cause it was the only time you could make it, right? ;) Then, you've established your new cut with someone else, so it makes sense to stick with her...

Vanessa's done a great job for me, too. I don't color my hair, but I love her cuts and styling -- she did my wedding makeup, even, it was great!

Anyone going to Frenchy's, remember -- you still need to bring pictures, esp. if you want a real vintage look, not just a retro/rockabilly style.

Snookie

Practically Family
Matt Deckard said:
I have a few friends... I know they can do it at home, though is ther a place in LA for a gal to get her hair done 30's 40's 20's style?

I go to Frenchy's (I mean, I did, back when I used to cut my hair -- I think I've been twice in the last 18 months...) Is Burbank too far?

My husband's cousin used a guy for her retro wedding who I *think* is in the Long Beach area...should I try to find out? (He did a nice fingerwave on the bride and some great rolls on my sister-in-law, I'm recommending based on that.)

ShortClara

One Too Many
ShortClara said:

OK, I have defected away from Marisa and Frenchy's.

I now am recommending Lulu at Ankh studio in Encino (17000 Ventura Blvd # 100, Encino - (818) 907-0575).

She took me from red to blonde, going out specifically to buy a product that Nikki recommended. My hair is in great shape, too. She was wonderful, top to bottom, and is such a nice gal!

pigeon toe

One Too Many
There's also Ultra Lux Salon in either Redondo or Hermosa beach. I've never been there but it seems like a cute place! I've been meaning to go since I spend a lot of time in the South Bay rather than the Burbank area.

dahliaoleander

One of the Regulars
Snookie said:
Try making your appt on a day you know she's not working...cause it was the only time you could make it, right? ;) Then, you've established your new cut with someone else, so it makes sense to stick with her...

Vanessa's done a great job for me, too. I don't color my hair, but I love her cuts and styling -- she did my wedding makeup, even, it was great!

Anyone going to Frenchy's, remember -- you still need to bring pictures, esp. if you want a real vintage look, not just a retro/rockabilly style.

Could Vanessa (or anyone else) help me with this?
(Preferably the Gene Tierney Look.)

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=31171

=ritzy=

Familiar Face
I think almost everyone in the L.a. area goes to Frenchy's...I never have personatly, since my mom has been the one to cut my hair for years..but maybe I should give it a shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo