Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to shop in LA?

1930artdeco

Practically Family
Going to start planning a trip to LA and would like to know where to shop for vintage clothing. Recommendations where to shop and maybe do vintage things?

Mike

p.s. I think this is the right spot for this. If not please move it.

Last edited:

Mathematicus

A-List Customer
I'm absolutely not the right person to give advice, but I happen to know who might be the right person from California (I believe just from LA). He's very into the vintage world and surely could give you plenty of suggestions. He was an user of this forum but as far as I know he doesn't write anymore. You can however reach him easily via the Facebook page "The Fedora Lounge", and his name is Marc Chevalier (which also was his nickname here).

MondoFW

Practically Family
LA seems to be a hot spot for vintage clothing and vendors. I've heard there are frequent flea markets and other vending events there, especially in the summer, of course. I don't know any specific events, but see if there are any accessible ones when you're in town. Paper Moon Vintage is located in LA, and they bring in some great stock. I've only seen bits and pieces from their instagram account, though, but if you're in the area, I would try that avenue. Additionally, I would try to get in contact with this dude named Benny. His shop is Reese's Vintage Pieces, and he has literally HUNDREDS of pre-1960's suits and a myriad of other vintage goods. His prices are a bit high, but you get what you pay for, for a high quality period suit in good condition. He's always eager to sell, so definitely try arranging a time to meet with him and see his vast stock.

This is all coming from someone who doesn't live in LA. I wish I could dip my toe in the vintage things they have there. Someday I will. You have the opportunity to, so don't hesitate to try these avenues I mentioned. Good luck, keep us posted on any exciting finds.

1930artdeco

Practically Family
Well, the GF got in tough with Marc and holy cow.... Super nice man and he rattle off a list of places to go when down there. So now all I have to do is pay off the CC and drive down there.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou