Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where'd Cheney get his hat?

JohnnyB53

One of the Regulars
No low-crown stingy brim for him!

r2264196025.jpg

That's gotta be a 3" brim or a little bigger.

HATCO

Vendor
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Cheney knows!

Also whats up with the ski gloves? Didn't have anything nicer to wear?

JohnnyB53 said:
No low-crown stingy brim for him!

r2264196025.jpg

That's gotta be a 2-7/8" to 3" brim.

JohnnyB53

One of the Regulars
Marc Chevalier said:
Looks like the distinctive black fedoras that Hasidic Jews wear around here. Could well be from a NYC supplier.
Yeah, I was going to say it looks like a Hasidic fedora with an Indy bash.

I don't think the taper on that hat is so bad when the crown is so high. Some people look better with a little taper to the crown (I often do). It's the low crowns with extreme taper that make almost anyone look like a bullet-head.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
It's an interesting photo in other respects as well. Look at how Obama is patting Bush on the back, while Bush is giving a genuine, firm embrace. Different personalities facing different futures.

Richard Cheney's ski gloves are cumbersome but a heck of a lot warmer than even fur-lined leather ones. Cheney is not a healthy man; I think he's wise to put warmth over fashion in this small instance.

dostacos

Practically Family
JohnnyB53 said:
Yeah, I was going to say it looks like a Hassidic fedora with an Indy bash.

I don't think the taper on that hat is so bad when the crown is so high. Some people look better with a little taper to the crown (I often do). It's the low crowns with extreme taper that make almost anyone look like a bullet-head.
I suspect the gloves are for serious warmth and hey the hat may have been in his closet since TRUMAN :D

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
When I saw it, my gut said Borsalino, but I could be wrong. I couldn't help but notice that the bow is on the wrong side, unless it was broadcast in mirror image.

I have to agree with Marc about the gloves. With the temps we've been seeing lately, the old man made a smart move.

dostacos

Practically Family
Marc Chevalier said:
It's an interesting photo in other respects as well. Look at how Obama is patting Bush on the back, while Bush is giving a genuine, firm hug.

The ski gloves are cumbersome but a heck of a lot warmer than even fur-lined leather ones. Cheney is not a healthy man; I think he's wise to put warmth over fashion in this small instance.
Mark, that may just be the moment, and a second later they both would be doin' the firm hug. I have been listening to lots of reports and the transition from Bush 43 to Obama was one of the smoothest of all time. Same source also mentioned that Bush 43 in person is a vary nice guy, hard not to like. Kind of like Bush 41 and Clinton, a pair you might not expect to get along, yet have become close, go figure[huh]

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Not-Bogart13 said:
I couldn't help but notice that the bow is on the wrong side, unless it was broadcast in mirror image.

Good eyes there, Not-Bogart13. In fact, it isn't a mirror image, since Cheney's overcoat is seen buttoned the normal masculine way (from left to right), and Obama's overcoat vent is overlapping in the normal direction. Wonder what's up with that ribbon, then?

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:
Good eyes there, Not-Bogart13. In fact, it isn't a mirror image, since Cheney's overcoat is seen buttoned the normal masculine way (from left to right), and Obama's overcoat vent is overlapping in the normal direction. Wonder what's up with that ribbon, then?

Maybe he borrowed the least feminine hat in his wife's closet? I doubt many beyond us would even notice.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
He borrowed the Wicked Witch of the West's hat,
which is why the bow is on the wrong side and it
explains the taper.

DING DONG.

Witch4.JPG

Rider

Familiar Face
Does anyone know who the gentleman was in the red scarf and red fedora? He stood out! He must have been a person of some stature since he greeted all of the dignataries as they were introduced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR