• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Where'd Cheney get his hat?

Discussion in 'Hats' started by JohnnyB53, Jan 20, 2009.

1. JohnnyB53

JohnnyB53 One of the Regulars

No low-crown stingy brim for him!

That's gotta be a 3" brim or a little bigger.
  2. Looks like the distinctive black fedoras that Hasidic Jews wear around here. Could well be from a NYC supplier.
  3. bolthead

bolthead My Mail is Forwarded Here

Look at that Taper.......:eek:
  4. HATCO

HATCO Vendor

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Cheney knows!

Also whats up with the ski gloves? Didn't have anything nicer to wear?

5. JohnnyB53

JohnnyB53 One of the Regulars

Yeah, I was going to say it looks like a Hasidic fedora with an Indy bash.

I don't think the taper on that hat is so bad when the crown is so high. Some people look better with a little taper to the crown (I often do). It's the low crowns with extreme taper that make almost anyone look like a bullet-head.
  6. It's an interesting photo in other respects as well. Look at how Obama is patting Bush on the back, while Bush is giving a genuine, firm embrace. Different personalities facing different futures.

Richard Cheney's ski gloves are cumbersome but a heck of a lot warmer than even fur-lined leather ones. Cheney is not a healthy man; I think he's wise to put warmth over fashion in this small instance.

7. dostacos

dostacos Practically Family

I suspect the gloves are for serious warmth and hey the hat may have been in his closet since TRUMAN :D
  8. When I saw it, my gut said Borsalino, but I could be wrong. I couldn't help but notice that the bow is on the wrong side, unless it was broadcast in mirror image.

I have to agree with Marc about the gloves. With the temps we've been seeing lately, the old man made a smart move.
  9. dostacos

dostacos Practically Family

Mark, that may just be the moment, and a second later they both would be doin' the firm hug. I have been listening to lots of reports and the transition from Bush 43 to Obama was one of the smoothest of all time. Same source also mentioned that Bush 43 in person is a vary nice guy, hard not to like. Kind of like Bush 41 and Clinton, a pair you might not expect to get along, yet have become close, go figure[huh]
  10. Good eyes there, Not-Bogart13. In fact, it isn't a mirror image, since Cheney's overcoat is seen buttoned the normal masculine way (from left to right), and Obama's overcoat vent is overlapping in the normal direction. Wonder what's up with that ribbon, then?
  11. Maybe he borrowed the least feminine hat in his wife's closet? I doubt many beyond us would even notice.
  12. You might be right. A photo tells the story of a millisecond, no more.
  13. In that photo, Cheney looks like the guy in Raiders of the Lost Ark that had the medallion burned into his hand...IMHO
  14. He borrowed Jack's.
  15. Its not the same. The brim is much short and the crown is also much shorter. :rolleyes:
  16. feltfan

feltfan Call Me a Cab

He borrowed the Wicked Witch of the West's hat,
    which is why the bow is on the wrong side and it
    explains the taper.

17. That is exactly what went through my mind when I saw that pic, I thought for sure it was a very close match with the Shadow's lid :eusa_clap
  18. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  19. D.W. Suratt

D.W. Suratt One of the Regulars

I vote the Shadow too!
  20. Rider

Rider Familiar Face

Does anyone know who the gentleman was in the red scarf and red fedora? He stood out! He must have been a person of some stature since he greeted all of the dignataries as they were introduced.