Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where'd Cheney get his hat?

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
He's watching that fedora for his friend Jack Abramoff while he's doing secret research for Dick at Federal Correctional Institution (FCI) in Cumberland, Maryland. All very hush, hush stuff! lol

-dixon cannon

JME2

New in Town
feltfan said:
He borrowed the Wicked Witch of the West's hat,
which is why the bow is on the wrong side and it
explains the taper.

DING DONG.

Witch4.JPG

lol lol lol

Very nice...

warbird

One Too Many
I don't think that hat has a tremendous amount of taper. I think it's the angle. It does have a wide Shadow like brim. Kinda cool.

Bush is a very nice person. He is amiable and friendly. I have yet to meet Obama, but I do hope to. I have met every president since Nixon, though not all of them while they were pres. I'd hate to break the streak.

And I will also say that all of them were very nice, with the one exception being Carter who wasn't very friendly at all in the numerous times I met him. Well except for when we moved from a private location into a public one. Then he turned on the friendly. Oh well.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Yes sort of the Shadow look.

Let's just say he needed to go out and get some better winter wear after his he went a little to casual to a Memorial in Russia.

I'm glad he has a hat. I just wish as stated before in other threads, I wish they wore grey instead of black hats which with the overcoats look kinda stark.

cheney_parka_big.jpg

K

kpreed

Just my two cents, but as one in a wheelchair too, the metal on them can get very cold outdoors. Good call on the gloves, I know I have some.

I haven't been up with current US politics. What's the word with Cheney? Has he been particualrly ill recently? He's always ill, of course, but i was very surprised to see him being pushed in a wheelchair then looking frail as he does. Also, GHW. He looked extremely frail.

The return of the Marc C.!

bk

warbird

One Too Many
Well it isn't just the cold, but the proximity to the ocean and the large Potomac right there, it's always windy and that is a humid wind. Bites down to the bone.

warbird

One Too Many
Baron Kurtz said:
I haven't been up with current US politics. What's the word with Cheney? Has he been particualrly ill recently? He's always ill, of course, but i was very surprised to see him being pushed in a wheelchair then looking frail as he does. Also, GHW. He looked extremely frail.

bk

Nobody in their 80's like GHWB cares much for that kind of cold. Cheney hasn't always been ill, but he isn't in especially great health. His heart problems slow him down I'm sure, but even more so in the cold. The wheelchair is because he severely pulled muscles in his back and is unable to walk easily.

WideBrimm

A-List Customer
Baron Kurtz said:

bk

The news reports are that Mr. Cheney is in a wheel chair for a few days because he pulled a muscle in his back yesterday while moving boxes during the move into his new home in a Washington suburb. Just like Bush moving from the White House, Cheney has to vacate he official Vice Presidential residence.

carldelo

One Too Many
Matt Deckard said:
I'm glad he has a hat. I just wish as stated before in other threads, I wish they wore grey instead of black hats which with the overcoats look kinda stark.

I'm with you Matt - black hats either look too religious/formal or funereal to me. I virtually always prefer gray unless it's a bowler.

Gtdean, I agree that Cheney's channeling Major Toht on the right:

MV5BODk5OTMxMzQwOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDUwNTA3._V1._SX485_SY324_.jpg

dostacos

Practically Family
Ordinary Guy said:
That is exactly what went through my mind when I saw that pic, I thought for sure it was a very close match with the Shadow's lid :eusa_clap
think he is sportin" a pair of long slide 45s with extra mags?

dostacos

Practically Family
Matt Deckard said:
Yes sort of the Shadow look.

Let's just say he needed to go out and get some better winter wear after his he went a little to casual to a Memorial in Russia.

cheney_parka_big.jpg
tell me that DOES NOT look like Joe Don Baker to Cheney's right in the brownish fur hat:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner