Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which decade is the worst in terms of style?

ack.... what the hell is that?? :eeek:

That is what you would have worn to a "formal" in the 70s. Wouldn't you love to see your date come and pick you up wearing that dreck?:eek::eek::eek:
Or how about your future husband in this thing?:
rick+ross+groom_0003.jpg
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eusa_doh:

rue

Uh no. I don't want to "bring it all down man" either.:rolleyes::eusa_doh:

Oh now... it could be fun.... we could gather round the fire and sing man :p

That is what you would have worn to a "formal" in the 70s. Wouldn't you love to see your date come and pick you up wearing that dreck?:eek:
Or how about your future husband in this thing?:
View attachment 158
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eusa_doh:

Oh wow.... It's bad enough I dated the Flock of Seagulls look-a-like lol

martinsantos

Practically Family
There is something worse than a hippie. In 70s, a lot of people dressed this way, get into flower power and so on.

But how about those guys who are still in hippie style, since the 70s? We have some here, making and selling psicodellic drawings since those days.

(I have some photos, but not finding in my archives :eusa_doh:).

rue

About free everything, no shame, no respect and laziness.:rolleyes:
:laser::hippie:

You know I'm just riling you up silly man :p

To get back on topic though, I have to say after thinking about this, that the last 20 years have been the worst. As Tomasso said, at least in the 70s (even as bad as it was) people for the most part knew when to dress up. I'm beginning to think that the only people that know how to act or dress appropriately now are the people on this site.

There is something worse than a hippie. In 70s, a lot of people dressed this way, get into flower power and so on.

But how about those guys who are still in hippie style, since the 70s? We have some here, making and selling psicodellic drawings since those days.

I am sure I have more hippies still living here in San Franfreako than you have still there. :p

polls_haight_hippie_5212_493775_poll_xlarge.jpeg

To get back on topic though, I have to say after thinking about this, that the last 20 years have been the worst. As Tomasso said, at least in the 70s (even as bad as it was) people for the most part knew when to dress up. I'm beginning to think that the only people that know how to act or dress appropriately now are the people on this site.

I am not so sure. The leisure suit calls that all into question. Where do you wear that?!:rolleyes:

I know it's awful, but what would you rather have... a leisure suit or shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops at your funeral or wedding? One is ugly and shows bad taste and the other shows absolutely no respect. I'm not so sure. It may be a tie.

It was a tie when my idiot cousin showed up at my wedding in a red one.:eusa_doh::rolleyes: We still laugh at it when we play the video. rofl

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Omg!!!

:eeek:

That looks like James Powers.

hippie.jpg

So all this hippie-hating is actually self-loathing......:crazy:

We have quite a few old hippies out here, they buy up all the old farms and irritate the living crap out of me.

At least a leisure suit is a suit, even if it is a tacky one. I'd rather wear one of those atrocities than flip flops and a t-shirt any day.
I know it's awful, but what would you rather have... a leisure suit or shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops at your funeral or wedding? One is ugly and shows bad taste and the other shows absolutely no respect. I'm not so sure. It may be a tie.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I would much rather wear a leisure suit (hmm, maybe a white three-piece with a black shirt? At least I'd look about as good as John Travolta did wearing one) laying in my casket in my own funeral, rather than wear a t-shirt, shorts, and flip flops... That is, if I had no choice otherwise. It wouldn't matter to me in reality, in the "great beyond" and all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw