Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which is more versatile, Akruba's Moonstone or Heritage Fawn?

Classified00

Familiar Face
Howdy,

I've been lurking for awhile but this is my first post. Let me start by saying thanks, I've learned a tremendous amount. I'm thinking of ordering an Akruba Fed IV Deluxe for my birthday next month.

Which color is more versatile, the Moonstone or the Heritage Fawn? It would be mostly casual wear with a little business wear.

Any thoughts would be appriciated!

Thanks,
:eek:

babs

A-List Customer
Welcome.. I'm a newb too for I guess a couple weeks now. My honest opinion on how much use you'd get out of one color vs the other...

Take note of the various "ensembles" of clothing you'd intend to mate the hat up with.. The choice will probably come clear according to your tastes, as it will be your hat.

I have lots of grays, blacks and some muted tones I intend to mate a nice fed up to, so I'll probably go with the moonstone. However there are some crossover color combo's I could say the fawn would work with, but I'm probably going with a standard moonstone "gray" now for formal/business wear in grays, navy's and blacks, then I'll fit in a fawn later to fit with earth-tones and other.

I guess it's kinda like matching up a shirt, a tie, etc with a good suit. With that mentality, I'll probably end up with one of each. :) .... eventually. The real trick is finding suits from a modern shelf that will work with a classic fedora. Reason I picked up a semi-stingy brim in black.

Goose.

Practically Family
Classified00...

"Welcome". Now that I got that out of the way, two words; "Moon" "Stone".

Well, one word ;)

Top pic, Moonstone. Bottom pic, Heritage Fawn.

510187360_jBqgH-S.jpg

556305514_C4RkM-L.jpg

573794131_oogJv-Th-1.jpg

Pera.T

One of the Regulars
I was wondering about the colour versatility of the Fed IV as well. Cant decide between the Moonstone and the Brown! I really like the Moonstone, but the brown looks good too (reminds me of Indy!) and I'm thinking the brown might be a bit more flexible when it comes to what else I'm wearing [huh]

Classified00

Familiar Face
Well,

I decided to go with my first instinct and I ordered the Heritage Fawn :eek:

I tend to wear a lot of khaki with some blue and grey thrown in. Even in business atire I tend to be a little more casual. I think the Fawn will work better for a casual classy look but I really like the Moonstone for a pure business look. It subtly says "hey, pay attention".

I sooooooo don't need another hobby that costs money :eusa_doh:

Thank you all for your thoughts, hopefully it'll turn out well [huh]

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Good luck with it! You can't really go wrong with any color you choose. There are lots of photos of fawn Akubras and they are all really good looking as well. You are also probably way too late to lament a new hobby...:D

FurFeltFedora

A-List Customer
I think it's a light grayish brown, it's certainly not as brown as the Tawny Fawn in Standard. If my memory is right Goose own's a Heritage Fawn and could confirm.

rrog

A-List Customer
I don't have a moonstone yet, but Goose's pic of his has me thinking I need one. (not "want," but "need." and i can quit any time i want to.)

:D

rrog

BobC

babs said:
Also.. One way to look at it. If you get the hat, and it matches up with very little that you have.. Good excuse to go shopping for new threads. :)

Or another hat.

babs

A-List Customer
Actually the delimna as to what color fed I'd say FurFeltFedora has figured out completely.. Complete Zen in the universe with his decision I believe. Never a bad hat day. hehehehe

Just make it a quarterly expenditure and in just over a year (1.25 years to be exact), and you can have the full boat collection. The first one would have confirmed size for you and sunk the hook.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showpost.php?p=809118&postcount=266

3598642459_37eda6d699_b.jpg

... I talk as though I have a fed or two. Not yet. "yet" being the keyword.

johnnycanuck

Look at your shoes. If they are black then go for moonstone, if brown go for fawn. same goes for your belt and jacket.

Johnny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland