Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who wears short shorts?

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Going by the pics in this thread seems that the shorts keep getting longer and longer... I prefer the lasses in skirts... especially for the dance floor. When it's hot outside and cool inside... you gals can always make the lads temperatures rise.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
I don't think we meant for dance events,Matt.
Most of the ladies here aren't shy about dressing to the nines for an event,but more as a summer casual look for casual activities,such as lounging by the pool(not that you'll catch me doing that with my fair skin)or visiting an amusement park,(Rollercoasters and skirts,even with decent bloomers,still a bit shocking for families), and bike riding.(though that can still be skirt friendly,I don't recommend a full skirt,already made that mistake:eusa_doh: ) I think the majority here will agree with you that we'd rather wear a dress or skirt with a decent amount of twirl factor to an event.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I don't own the same one that Dale is wearing (wish I did though), but it is the exact same playsuit. I found a card with Dale Evans picture on it, did a double take, and realized I had the same outfit :) It does have a label in it (don't remember the designer's name though), and it buttons on the left side.

Here's mine, in red gabardine:
MissAmanda_2.jpg

And Dale's again, in chartreuse garbardine:
47b5d602b3127cce93973c2c384e00000045108AatmbRq2ctP

swinggal

One Too Many
I have two pairs of original linen shorts from the early 40s. One pair comes to mid thigh and buttons up on both sides. The button are a real feature. And surprisingly, the other pair is very short, so I have never worn them. They both quite high-waisted though and very cute.

I have a few pairs of bermuda styles shorts that look like they came straight from the 40s. I think they may be from the 70s, when the 40's had a revival in fashion.

I have several patterns for playsuits which I MUST make one of these days. Be great to wear when I am in Miami in September :)

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I. HATE. SHORTS. I can't stress this enough. Anything above mid-thigh gets scrunched together between my legs when I walk. I almost always wear dresses or skirts all summer, or capris. Shorts are so unflattering to almost everyone. ::shudder::

Although I do like the knee length trouser shorts that are out these days. Those I could stomach.

maisie

Practically Family
For the summer i bought a pair of safari style shorts from Marks and Spencers over here, there are brown and come slight above the knee, but you can also roll and botton them up to make them shorter!!
I do love the 40's styles though, so cute!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot