Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who's riding shotgun? The Resistol Stagecoach Line of Western Hats

Woodtroll

One Too Many
Nope, paper tag is apparently the ONLY thing missing off this hat. Tiny, tiny, remnant of it left, without a single iota of type on it. There's a factory tag, but I'm not sure how I would glean anything off those numbers....

That's too bad! I figured it was a good bet that it would still be there.

I’ve had some but this is the only Stagecoach I’ve kept. It was a Hi-7 & the color is Tanbark. The dye will bleed on your hands when wet. The brim originally had an old macrame hatband sewed on with fishing line.

IMG_4385.jpeg

IMG_0293.jpeg

IMG_0304.jpeg

IMG_2678.jpeg

IMG_4413.jpeg

IMG_2688.jpeg

VoodooSan

A-List Customer

Woodtroll

One Too Many

VoodooSan

A-List Customer
I'm going cross-eyed, and suffering brain overload, trying to track down what this might be, and I think I might have it. At the moment, my strongest reasoning/hunch, is that it's a Dry Gulch. Here's a pic of one of those, positively ID'd by its label, and a comparable view of mine. (The angle is bad, but my brim has a very similar shape, as well.)
Dry Gulch.jpg
Resistol blue 4.jpg

VoodooSan

A-List Customer
My skills don't even APPROACH what the majority of you gentlemen demonstrate being capable of, but I can at least do minor work. This started life as a Hi Yo Silver, as can be seen by the bound edge and what's left of the hatband. The late Randy Priest, who operated Silver Tip Hat Company in Donnelly, ID for many years, re-worked it somewhat, and it looked like this when I purchased it from him in 2019. Sometime later I punched the crown out and considered it my "Will Penny" homage. Recently, I re-worked it again, added a ribbon, and now call it my "Big Gus." I'm kinda thinking I should take it back to Randy's shape, with a narrower band.
Resistol Silver Tip.jpg
2020-10-17 OTRR crop.jpg
Big Gus Res Hi-Yo Silver 1.jpg
Big Gus Res Hi-Yo Silver 2.jpg

Last edited:

VoodooSan

A-List Customer
This one arrived on my doorstep yesterday afternoon, scored off the bay, from Washington state. From what I had seen, picture-wise, I wasn’t sure what I was getting. It looked similar to a Turkey Creek, but differently colored. Turns out (thanks to the barely-hanging-on-under-the-sweatband paper tag) to be their Top Money model, which is one that I have never even seen a photo of. So I’m doubly pleased, first by its excellent appearance, and second by being able to positively ID it. Finding one of these, and linking it definitively to one of those model names without a photo, is a major thrill for me.
Resistol SC Top Money a.jpg
Resistol SC Top Money b.jpg

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
This one arrived on my doorstep yesterday afternoon, scored off the bay, from Washington state. From what I had seen, picture-wise, I wasn’t sure what I was getting. It looked similar to a Turkey Creek, but differently colored. Turns out (thanks to the barely-hanging-on-under-the-sweatband paper tag) to be their Top Money model, which is one that I have never even seen a photo of. So I’m doubly pleased, first by its excellent appearance, and second by being able to positively ID it. Finding one of these, and linking it definitively to one of those model names without a photo, is a major thrill for me.

The Top Money model also exists in Cordoba color with a brown ribbon.

VoodooSan

A-List Customer
OK, this is a PSA for any and all Stagecoach aficionados. I have come across a woman who wants to sell what looks like a rather spectacularly clean (she describes it as near mint) model S306 Hazer, in chestnut. The snag for me, and likely for her finding a buyer as well, is that it's a 6 & 3/4. Because this doesn't really fit the aesthetic of her shop, she's willing to sell for $65 plus shipping. Below are the only pics she has for it right now. If you're interested, let me know, and I'll relay her email, and you can contact her directly and tell her you got the info from Mark Leonardini. Can anyone suggest anywhere else in the Lounge you think I should post this?

My bad, more pics here: https://www.devilsdetailsboutique.com/products/resistol-brown-cowboy-hat?_pos=1&_sid=5d5510ffa&_ss=r

Res SC S306 Hazer in chestnut.jpg
Res SC S306 Hazer tag.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner