Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why are fedoras with prints so cheap?

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Not cheap in price but cheap in manufacture.

But to ask why they aren't made better is like asking, "Why are plastic sporks so cheap? Why don't they make fine silverware for people to scoop cole slaw from a paper cup?"

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HarpPlayerGene said:
"Why are plastic sporks so cheap? Why don't they make fine silverware for people to scoop cole slaw from a paper cup?"

I have been asking myself that for ages....
icon14.gif

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I LOVE SPORKS. I had a good metal one for camping years ago. Lost it and never could find one to replace it.:(

That said, obviously there is not much of a market for a high quality stenciled felt hat. So if you can't find one, make one. You can buy stencils and paints at just about any craft store. All the power to you Hatsoup. :)

Johnny

Spork was not even in my spell check. How odd.:p

cptjeff

Practically Family
NY_Confidential said:
I was expecting the ridicule when I got my Champ Milan off of eBay.. but I've got nothing but compliments from random people, instead.
That's been my experience. When I wear my corduroy fedora around, I don't usually get comments. With my nice felts, people notice and compliment them.

People still recognize quality. The fabric hats may be hip and stylish, but a quality felt will be even more so.

HatSoup

Familiar Face
johnnycanuck said:
I LOVE SPORKS. I had a good metal one for camping years ago. Lost it and never could find one to replace it.:(

That said, obviously there is not much of a market for a high quality stenciled felt hat. So if you can't find one, make one. You can buy stencils and paints at just about any craft store. All the power to you Hatsoup. :)

Johnny

Spork was not even in my spell check. How odd.:p

Sounds good, i'm surprised this thread got so many responses.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
gtdean48 said:
I have a titanium spork from REI, beats carrying a spoon & a fork. Very lite weight...

lol

That's funny (and obviously not a sound analogy on my part) because I too have a sturdy metal spork which is part of a folding kit of camp utensils. Kind of a Swiss Army Spork if you can picture it.

Ever eat SPAM with a spork? It doesn't get any better than that.

:D

Midwest Boater

One of the Regulars
Feraud said:
I'll take a printed fedora with a NYC subway map printed on it.. also an iphone holder and ashtray.
How many times have we all entered the acronym lol without even cracking a smile, this post really did make me chuckle.

cmalbrecht

Familiar Face
I've seen felt hats with patterns sewn in them, but I don't like them. Good old solid colors and no stitching for me. The girl in the picture at the beginning of this thread looks great. Since fedoras and trilbys both started out on women, I think they'd look fine with a printed fedora. I see a few young women wearing print fedoras these days, and in South America, fedoras are big among the womenfolk. They like nice bows on the side and they might appreciate a nice print as well. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw