Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why do you wear suits? . . .

Ace Fedora

Familiar Face
I work in a "casual dress" environment. I wear suits occasionally so that my boss thinks I'm going to an interview on my lunch break. :)

Seriously, while I don't do it every day (I only own two proper suits -- money's too tight to mention), I enjoy wearing a suit for the simple reason that I look good in one.

Even if I do violate some of the rules in the "How to Ruin a Good Suit" thread.

Plus, I look silly wearing a fedora with a T-shirt and jeans combo.

strangways

New in Town
they just feel right!

Greetings, Ladies and Gentlemen! As a long time lurker in this board, i finally got my act together and decided to join in.
Golden Age clothing is not something you run across very often in my neck of the woods, and finland being...let's say not very sartorially challenging piece of estate in the world, makes even wearing modern three piece suit quite a statement in everyday environment.
However, because of e-bay and various retailers i have managed to get in my hands several vintage suits, and it is funny how those (particularly bold look DB's) always get compliments from people who never wear suits.
As a clothing item suit is in a class of it's own, even modern ones. It projects sharpness, tradition and Bon Vivant in a manner that just can't be compared to any other garment, and wearing them...just feels right!:)

strangways

New in Town
Thank you, Belly Tank, and i'm honored to join FL's scandinavian chapter. So that makes Denmark and Finland...hopefully Sweden, Norway and Iceland have their own representatives here also. Faroes falling probably under your jurisdiction in a matters sartorial and Golden Age vintage.
BTW, been too long since i've been in Copenhagen or K????penhamina (in our weirdo language). Nice city!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner