Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why!!!! Hipsters!!! Why!!!!!

MissMittens

One Too Many
I actually have an actual 50's picture of Bettie Page on my dresser, signed by her and Bunny Yaeger. Forget stick insect women, give me some curves, lol!!! My gf hasn't noticed it, or doesn't care.......so I haven't moved it. It's purely artistic, of course, not salacious in any way - as in, nothing you couldn't see in church is being shown :lol:

aught12

One of the Regulars
IMO, every generation has it's version of Hip/Hipster. And it's not necessarily a black and white thing. Some of us are hip without even trying. Including some of the people that frown on it.

IMO, every generation has it's version of Hip/Hipster. And it's not necessarily a black and white thing. Some of us are hip without even trying. Including some of the people that frown on it.
Hipster does not = hip. I do believe the name itself is meant to reflect irony. In a smirky way.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
That's quite a lot of thigh for way back when. Not that I'm complaining . . . ;)

Ha, well.... I've seen pictures of Betty where she shows an awful lot more than thigh..... ;)

I actually have an actual 50's picture of Bettie Page on my dresser, signed by her and Bunny Yaeger. Forget stick insect women, give me some curves, lol!!! My gf hasn't noticed it, or doesn't care.......so I haven't moved it. It's purely artistic, of course, not salacious in any way - as in, nothing you couldn't see in church is being shown :lol:

Nice. I nearly bought one from her website years ago, but held off as I needed the cash elsewhere at the time... then she died and they shot up in value... I have a nice book somewhere that reproduces a lot of those photos. To be honest, I much prefer the pin-up stuff and some of the more fetish oriented shots where she was reasonably covered over the nudey stuff, which was always just a little obvious for my tastes.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab

UGH. Not to get OT, but I don't get it when women get bothered by that kind of stuff!!! My husband has a huge Bettie cut-out (in this same cheetah "outfit"!!) and it stands in our entryway. I have made a "wall of pinups" in our living room (including Bettie with a whip!) and in our bedroom we have two framed photos of Bettie NUDE. We're both pinup-aholics!!! I actually prefer "non-arty" ones lol :D

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Another hot set of babes in Cheetah outfits!

baby_cheetahs.jpg

Flicka

One Too Many
Every time I see the title of this thread I think of Terry Pratchett:

Multiple exclamation marks,' he went on, shaking his head, 'are a sure sign of a diseased mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic