Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

William Lennon workboots

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I think these 'Shepherd Boots' are an amazing style. You can't get more traditional than that:

ZZZZ6-big.jpg

....except maybe these foundry workers boots:

FB1-1-big.jpg

Hepville

One of the Regulars
I thought of purchasing a pair of US Service Shoes for every day wear... but my money is going to William Lennon this time!

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
ok chaps, I 've had these for about a year now so I thought I'd do an update, here's a few photo's taken today;
c3qkk.jpg

208jkgi.jpg
2epkew9.jpg

21bqalh.jpg
30k59bt.jpg
All I've done is wipe them down after use and apply Kiwi every other time they've been used which I guess is approximately once occassionally twice a week at around 5 hour stretches over all types of terrain, urban mostly with some gravel and muddy grass thrown in for good measure!
There's hardly any wear on the sole, the leather laces are still strong, no stitchings come loose and no faults have developed anywhere.
At first they were a bit firm but soon loosened up to become one of my most comfortable pairs of footwear, for me they are as comfortable now as my Loake Bedales.
The inside is a bit hard at first but my pair soon moulded to my feet, a friend also had a pair made after seeing mine in black, he put a leather padded insole in his and says they are now supremely comfortable and far better than his previous Timberlands which fell apart after 18 months!

Would I but another pair? ...definately, they are to my mind the best value for money good quality boots available in the UK today, the fact that they are handmade fairly locally to me is a real bonus too.......not the prettiest of boots I grant you( but I love the look with the Munson type toe), but if you want a rugged man's boot that can really take it these are for you.....I reckon you could kick a house down with these on!

Last edited:

Davy Crockett

A-List Customer
Very nice boots! I must have a pair soon!
I too used to be a big fan of Timberlands, got my first pair about 30 years ago when they first came to to the UK,and they were very good boots then, I have had many pairs since then and each pair seems worse than the previous, your friend is right about the 18 months and that is not even with daily wear. Sad!

D

MJCR

One of the Regulars
I ordered a pair of 178 boots in the burgundy zug grain on 20th December - no sign yet, but I'll probably chase them when it hits two months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner