Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wind Trolley Question

redhawks2

One of the Regulars
Attached is a picture of a hat that has a trolley I have not encountered until I got this hat. The Button is sewn to the hat and the cord is too long to take up any slack. My best guess is that in the past, someone sewed the button to the hat, abrogating the original configuration. However, I cannot find any evidence that the cord was attached in any other way. So, I'm stumped as to how to make this work properly. Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.
AAA018.jpg

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
It is all in the loops my friend.

Take the middle of the cord, push it through the "lasso" or "noose" and then wrap the whole thing about the crown of the hat. That is the "storage" of the cord. The button is supposed to be sewn onto the hat, but other versions of the wind trolly is the button is on the "lasso". Both function the same.

When you use the "trolly", you still use the same "loop" that went around the hat (made by the lasso/noose) as a big "slip knot". The "lasso" gets looped around your jacket button/suit button. Hence..your hat is tethered to your lapel by the cord.

Simple. Try it.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
It could be decorative also, sorry.

OOPS, I forgot.

IF the cord is only long enough to go around the hat without being made into a big "lasso", it is a DECORATIVE wind trolly, and the "noose" part may just reach long enough to loop about the button sewn on the bow.

I can't tell by you picture. You can easily have a wind trolly made by any reputable hatter if you need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot