Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Windflap Added to my Johnson Leathers Bomber Jacket

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
This jacket is no stranger to this board. If anyone hasn't seen it, here's a link:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...Opus-(pic-and-narrative-heavy)&highlight=opus

The jacket was delivered in June, I think, and it was too warm to wear until the weather cooled ofF (and actually it's been verrry cold for SoCal). So I finally put it on for a ride on my Vespa - sort of a maiden or shakedown cruise as it were. Long story short: everything was great except I felt something like an ice cube on my chest since there was no windflap. I'm pretty sure I ran the windflap issue past Alan and he said it wasn't necessary. Anyway it didn't have one and needed one. I sent it back to JL and they fixed it.

On the previous thread, everyone (including me) wondered how warm it would be. I think we nailed it. With a long sleeve rugby shirt and the jacket only, it' good for high 50's low 60's. However I've worn it in as cold as I'll ever ride (low 50's) with a Patagonia Nanopuff jacket underneath (thank you IXL) and I was toasty.

The repair is totally unnoticeable from the outside because Alan used the original holes for the second stitching, There's an extra stitch on the inside, but big deal. Here are some pix:

qc93MNOl.jpg

JELm1Fpl.jpg

MuBR0y9l.jpg

Last edited:

Peacoat

Bartender
Another good job by Johnson. What type of lining is that? The standard Thinsulate type lining? I have that in one of my Johnson jackets, and it is relatively warm lining.

You did well.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Great jacket. The windflap, cosmetically, is a great feature. I know people have mixed feelings about them, but I feel it offers a bonus "wow" element.

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
Another good job by Johnson. What type of lining is that?

It's Merino and I think pretty expensive. Alan said he had it left over from some job he did for some very very famous person who donated the extra back to JL , and I got some of it thrown in at no extra charge(like a like a family discount). I don't know if it's because I worked with him on a previous jacket or what; but my father always said, "Once the sale is made (you hear what you want), shut up."

Last edited:

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I don't recall seeing that jacket in the previous post. It is beautiful. That is the perfect bomber jacket in my opinion. Hand pockets and mouton collar. I usually don't care for the red knits, but that really looks cool. I have yet to see a bad-looking JL jacket.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
That jacket is the bees's knees! Once again JL illustrates its products as shining stars. :thumb:

ykurtz

One of the Regulars
Very nice, V. Another great Johnsons jacket. I always get a windflap on straight zip jackets for riding....great feature and necessary at speed. Oh, and the knit really personalizes the jacket...nice touch!

4444Design

One of the Regulars
actually the Change / mod is absolutely not noticeable for the "average user" ...

pretty cool Job done by the manufacturer

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What can I say....WOW!!!! Absolutely love that jacket...Collar...knits and windflap :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy