Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Windward jackets by Montgomery Ward (and copies)

Windward

Practically Family
Hi everybody.
I would like to share my passion and PICS with other members which also like SHORT Leatherjackets particularly AEROs "Windward" in heavy FQHH
Review: I've bought several jackets from AEROLEATHER - started with different A2's than changed into Highwayman's (vintage black HH / brown HH ) and Halfbelt Deluxe (black FQHH / cordovan FQHH) - mostly in Size 46

I am not a big guy and have a medium height from 175 cm so my wife had always said all my utility Jackets are to long for me (and my body) - But one day I tried on a AERO "Windward" jacket and I was immediately inspired.

My current Windward ordered from Aero (Februray 2007) Size 46 :
- Heavy Vintage Black FQHH
- Black cotton drill
- Vintage Brass Zippers
- two inside zippered Pockets ;)

It is my favorite and one of the stylish jacket of all time. I read some of you also bought the Windward Modell - please show us how this jacket fits you !!

Here are my pics ....
http://s695.photobucket.com/albums/...ew&current=Windward48NEWVintageBlackFRONT.jpg

I appreciate your effort.

WINDWARD

Windward

Practically Family
Halfbelt deluxe

PuLpO said:
Do you have pictures from the Halfbelt Deluxe black FQHH / cordovan ?

Unfortunately both of my Halfbelt deluxe are sold and I've made no pictures from this models. The first one had standard lenght so I ordered another with 2" off the body lenght and it workes much better for me because I prefer jackets which fitts me a little more athletic. Halfbelt deluxe is a stunning jacket with great features. Any experience with AERO Windward or do you own one?

Elmonteman

One of the Regulars
Nice jackets. I have a very old one made by Aero, I haven't worn it (or seen it) in a while. Gotta dig that thing up. I have a similar liking for the Trailrider. Aero was kind of enough to make it without the belt for me in vintage black and another in vintage brown. If I had it to do over again, I would order them with American style cuffs. The first Trailrider was perfect, but the others that I ordered the snap cuffs were too narrow. Unfortunately, one of risks with Aero is that you get a different jacket depending on which artist makes it.

Windward

Practically Family
Short Jackets

Elmonteman said:
Nice jackets. I have a very old one made by Aero, I haven't worn it (or seen it) in a while. Gotta dig that thing up. I have a similar liking for the Trailrider. Aero was kind of enough to make it without the belt for me in vintage black and another in vintage brown. If I had it to do over again, I would order them with American style cuffs. The first Trailrider was perfect, but the others that I ordered the snap cuffs were too narrow. Unfortunately, one of risks with Aero is that you get a different jacket depending on which artist makes it.

Thanks for the compliment. I also have found that measurements sometimes vary slightly depending from the artist. The American style cuffs are my first choice and in my opinion it looks better and complete. (more masculin) Trailrider without the belt was a good idea and must look very sharp

- Do you ordered your Trailrider in your standard size ???
- Any photos of you wearing your Trailrider?
- How is the look of vintage brown horsehide after breaking in ???

Windward

Practically Family
New AERO WINDWARD

I decided to order my next Windward from AERO. . .

- Brown Heavy FQHH
- brown cotton drill
- Vintage/Antique Brass Zipper

I think the shiny brass zipper look to fashionable and doesnt corresponds with a jacket after developed a worn look - you know: Nothing aged like AERO's brown FQHH!!
- 2 inside zippered pockets( Only if you have none you will miss inside pockets )

Or
- cordovan FQHH (had never bleeding and the color corresponds with my ALDEN shell cordovan shoe perfectly - http://www.aldenshop.com/DrawOneShoe.asp?CategoryID=107
- black Alpaca Lining
- dark brown mouton fur collar

I sold my last cordovan Windward because the standard 46' was too trim fit for me. But now I am once again hungry for cordovan Horsehide. I found out that standard 46 doesnt cover my belt so AERO have to adapt the measurements from my favourite Windward which is by change different.
Windward

Windward

Practically Family
Windward jackets by Montgomery Ward

Hi everybody in my first tread ("AERO 1950s "Windward" Jacket")
I missed more photos which are helpfull for others who like to orderings from AERO. For this reason I hope some of you like to show us how your WINDWARD jacket fits you.

Thanks to "HoosierDaddy" and "Norwayman" and "RainLikeGravel" for such good photos!

Thanks
Windward

Windward3to4inchunderBeltline.jpg

DSC02640.jpg

Windward

Practically Family
Windward connection

Hi RainLikegravel

thanks for your photo and effort once more. I like your style and think we will find a lot more folks who like to join into our "Windward connection".
Keep in touch and have fun!!

Windward

Here are mine (past) cordovan after a few month of hard wear.

KopievonWindward4446Cordovanfront.jpg

RainLikeGravel

New in Town
any more Windwards

Ciao amice!
Am I right, do you have a black and a cordovan one? Or just some color difference in the photos? Your cordovan one looks very georgious, congrats!
I've worn mine not so much yet - I found it a bit cold with the weather conditions at the moment (0-10 celsius), think it's more a kind of a nice weather jacket.
So where are some other "Windward customers" in this forum?
Take care,
Thomas

Windward

Practically Family
RainLikeGravel said:
Ciao amice!
Am I right, do you have a black and a cordovan one? Or just some color difference in the photos? Your cordovan one looks very georgious, congrats!
I've worn mine not so much yet - I found it a bit cold with the weather conditions at the moment (0-10 celsius), think it's more a kind of a nice weather jacket.
Take care,
Thomas

Ciao Thomas,

yes you are right you see in one photo a cordovan colored FQHH with shiny brass zipper which has started to show wear and in many parts the color is slighty lighter. You will also enjoy these developments cause I believe you are also into vintage. "Grazie per i complimenti allora e a presto!"

I should repeat your questions a bit louder:

Maybe you will like also this:
DSC02398.jpg

Windward

Practically Family
Size question

Milu said:
Hi Windward, love the look of your jacket. Out of interest what size is it and whatsize suit jacket do you normally take.
saluti.

Hi Milu,
the jacket is a size 46. In suit jackets I normally take a EU 54. My height is 178 cm and I like my short jackets to cover my belt so I found out that the best jacket lenght must have a front lenght (Zipper) of 21" = 53 cm and a back lenght (from collar seam to back of the jacket) 23,25" = 59 cm.
ciao e a presto!

cloudspotter
Go to photobucket...and left click on img code...then right click..then click on "copy"in window. Open a post here...then left click on post...then right click and then click on paste in window...and image should appear.
HD

50furhalfbeltCordovan_Dennis1.jpg

Windward

Practically Family
cloudspotter said:
how on earth do you post your pic's - mine's never show up!

can anyone help me - i'm just an old-fashioned mechanic not too good on computers ...

and yes, i already read the manual on "how to post attachements", but it's not working somehow??

Hi Cloudspotter, very nice jacket and stylish fur collar - YEAH this is the look just out of the box just like hearing a baby crying. Wear it and have fun with your "Headturner"
Regarding your asking for help to post your pics - start your photobucket and click on the photo you want to post. Below the photo you will see:
1. Email & IM
2. Direct Link
3. HTML Code
4. IMG Code just cklick on IMG Code one time with left mouse and you will see that this link is copied. Next step you start your post and click left mouse to save the link after submitted you pics will be shown. Hope that helps.
What is your height and how long is the jacket back lenght (collar seam to bottom) and front lenght (only zipper)
Windward

Windward

Practically Family
Jacket lenghts

cloudspotter said:
thanks for yur help, guys! will try it next time!

windward: i'm 170cm, the 50s half belt measures 50cm (zipper lenght) and 63cm back lenght, measured down from collar seam to lower edge

Hi Cloudspotter
thanks a lot for the measurements! It was indeed very helpfull and considering your height your jacket lenght looks perfect - not a short jacket and not a driver coat just something amazing in between. It would be kind if like to show some pics after your baby has broken in!!!"
Windward

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner