Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winter Weather - First Snow-

Interesting...while a heatwave now in southern Cal(80s so I hear).....getting down to -9 with minus 25 windchill by Friday in mid-Indiana. Three inches of snow..with the fluffiest pretty big flakes steadily coming down here right now. Would make the prettiest WinterWonderland post card!...but..bundle up...cause..."Baby...It's Cold Outside!".
What say you...?
HD

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
here in northeast oregon we have like a foot of snow that has been slowly melting during warmer days of like 40 degrees...still gets down to like 25 at night but otherwise it is really nice...in december and early january we must have gotten two or three days of close to 6 inch snowstorms and one night of incredible drifts...otherwise it has been fairly nice...

Foofoogal

Banned
I still have not seen snow and I am a bit unhappy as it will be 10 degrees here tomorrow but downright toasty compared to you Northerners. I cannot even imagine. I have sock, oversocks and shoes on right now inside and my feet are still cold.

Sarge

One of the Regulars
Here in NE Indiana it's currently 16 degrees (They're calling for -2 tonight) with about a half a foot of snow on the ground and it's still coming down pretty good. Just got done plowing the drive and walks a while ago and I can defiantly say outside aint the place to be.:)

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Highs in the teens and lows in the single digits for the next few days here in Beantown. It's been sunny though, so far. Reminds me of my childhood in Minnesota.

VintageRed

Familiar Face
Darn chilly...

....in Gotham City.

Currently 23, with windchill it's down in the teens. Supposed to be darn frigid the next few days, and a flurry or two, but it never stays here on the island.
Gotta go north if you want big piles of the white stuff.

Good weather for hot toddy's!

Cheers,

~Red

HungaryTom

One Too Many
"Baby...It's Cold Outside!" - but I am hot inside...

-20 Celsius this weekend it went up to -5 or so lately.

Plus there is soon no gas inside the pipes. The EU should have bailed out Ukraine last year with their gas debt vs Gazprom - now the damages are daily the tenfold of that amount. At least we have now an interesting guesswork in the media about the hide and seek game - where is the gas.

Until the alternative gas pipes are ready and other energy alternatives are worked out collective trainings should be started for freezing consumers to master the tummo - the art of developing inner heat practiced by Tibetan monks surviving the cold.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...anasi_Los_seis_yogas_de_Naropa_Tumo_Tummo.JPG

Sunny

One Too Many
Wow, that's what I call real winter weather. Here?

24 degrees at 7 AM.
62 degrees at 3 PM.

What kind of a winter is that? [huh]

(A mixed-up one.)

Foofoogal

Banned
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :D :D

Yeah! It is finally snowing like crazy. Coming from Texas where I have maybe seen a bit of snow 2 times since 1981. :D :eusa_clap

Sorry, I know it must be miserable to you folks up North. Especially in Minnesota. :eek:

carter

I'll Lock Up
Foofoogal, Congratulations on your snow! I hope you are able to post a photo or two later.

It's 31 degrees at 9:04 AM. brrrrrr

Foofoogal

Banned
Yes I will. It is still coming down. I have noone to throw a snowball at though till honey is back. lol
Maybe I will gather up the things to put on a snowman. When I should be working. lol

kyda

One of the Regulars
what is snow???

While you all are having snow and cold weather, in West Australia we are hitting 4o centigrade, that is close to 100. Actually that is only Perth, up north they are getting close to 150 even in my home town which is down south ( next stop south pole!!!!!!!) is 100 today. My aircon is working overtime and it will be around 100 for the next month or soo.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Gathering Courage...

To go outside this morning. Ugh.

photo-46.jpg

kyda said:
While you all are having snow and cold weather, in West Australia we are hitting 4o centigrade, that is close to 100. Actually that is only Perth, up north they are getting close to 150 even in my home town which is down south ( next stop south pole!!!!!!!) is 100 today. My aircon is working overtime and it will be around 100 for the next month or soo.

I have no idea what this snow stuff is either. Its about 54 degrees here today so far but is is supposed to get to 68. Not exactly 100 but a decent temperature for this time of year around here. I would still trade temperatures with you though. ;) I hate cold weather. :rage:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24