Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
I was writing about Wolfbrae in another thread and decided to wear this sky blue beaver in the cool of the morning.

IMG_1024.jpeg
IMG_1021.jpeg
IMG_1022.jpeg

chivaceae

New in Town
A few days ago I received a Wolfrae hat, my first custom. Robert made it with a dress weight FEPSA 100% beaver body, in Iron color (sort of chameleon rich brown). I am really happy with it!

The hat borrows some design cues from an Open Road: a 5.5" open crown with a bound brim of 3". I put a diamond top crease and a slight curl (sides) and front dip on the brim. I would call this a "western-fedora".

Raul

Wolfbrae_Left.jpeg

Wolfbrae_Top-diamond.jpeg

Wolfbrae_Rear.jpeg

Wolfbrae_Liner.jpeg

In my office, right next to a newly arrived Akubra CD (blue grass green):
Wolfbrae_and_Akubra-CD.jpeg

Last edited:

Pellie

One Too Many
A few days ago I received a Wolfrae hat, my first custom. Robert made it with a dress weight FEPSA 100% beaver body, in Iron color (sort of chameleon rich brown). I am really happy with it!

The hat borrows some design cues from an Open Road: a 5.5" open crown with a bound brim of 3". I put a diamond top crease and a slight curl (sides) and front dip on the brim. I would call this a "western-fedorized OR".

Raul

View attachment 527284

View attachment 527285

View attachment 527286

View attachment 527287

View attachment 527288
Nice hat. I really like the colorfull lining....

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

The hat borrows some design cues from an Open Road: a 5.5" open crown with a bound brim of 3". I put a diamond top crease and a slight curl (sides) and front dip on the brim. I would call this a "western-fedora".

Raul

View attachment 527284

View attachment 527285

View attachment 527286

View attachment 527287

View attachment 527288
Yet another great custom job from Robert. His liners are so cool, too.

Nice crease you created for it, Raul.

panama 1.jpg

Here is my PHD that i picked up a few weeks back. I asked for it without ribbon or sweat so I could sew in my own choice. I also reblocked it slightly stealing a bit of brim and adding it to the crown. It is a super fino grade. Has a nice weave. Gets me thinking that next winter I may bring in a few Panama blanks to offer to clients. Just have to locate a decent supplier.

Attachments

• panama 2.jpg
    panama 2.jpg
    1,006.5 KB · Views: 36

hambone71

Practically Family
This was an interesting commission. Client wanted me to replicate an Aussie Drover style hat. I agreed to make the hat and leave the distressing and trimming to him. Here is a picture of the hat that I worked from. Pecan beaver felt, contrasting vintage grosgrain ribbon on the brim and crown View attachment 531814 View attachment 531815 View attachment 531813
Australia with Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman correct? I remember his hat catching my eye in that movie.

Great job Robert!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran