Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Women Dressing Like Men, Men Dressing like Children

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Many TVs enjoy dressing up and "passing" as a woman. Hardly a situation that would be of shock value. Also, it has been estimated that about half of all male transvestites are heterosexual men who like to dress up in women's clothing. Many do it in private. Some even cross-dress with their wives present. Some hide it from everyone.

I believe many cross-dressers enjoy taking on the "power" of the opposite sex. I have known more men who were envious of women's ability to give birth than women who were envious of the male appendage.

There have been numerous women in times past who dressed as men so they could live their lives freely and work at jobs only men were allowed to do. Some were women who wanted to work, some were working-class lesbians whose only escape from the life into which they were born was to escape that life by becoming a man. Recently, there was a well-known jazz musician who died (his name escapes me now) and it was found out that he was a she. Women in times past have served in the military as fighting men and were only exposed when they were wounded or died.

I cannot imagine that most TVs do it for shock value. First of all, guys, have you ever tried putting on women's clothes?? Just try zipping yourself into a tight dress, wearing heels and hose and garters and snaps and girdles and bras, putting on make-up, curling and rolling your hair, doing your nails. Then try walking down the street in that stuff, run to catch a bus, go to the office and try to bend down to put away your filing. And, if you are a TV, you have to worry about street punks trying to beat you up or kill you or cops harrassing you.

That's a lot to do just for shock value.

karol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24