Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Work Clothes

thecardigankid

One of the Regulars
We all enjoy vintage fashion, and for a lot of us our daily make money jobs can allow for vintage attire on the job (especially white collar and office jobs) but for those of us who are required to wear a uniform or certain clothes at work we do not have that option.

So I was wondering, have any of you put together an outfit that would have been worn at your job back in the 1920s, 30s, and 40s?

I know some on here are military, I myself used to be military and have several uniforms from the 1930s and 40s.

I am currently a firefighter, and have been starting to collect items here and there as to what a firefighter would wear during the 1920s and 1930s. Once complete of course I will post photos on here.

Anyone done this before? If so got photos?

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
I work an office job, but most of my around-the-house workwear is classic, if not outright vintage. Typically the weekends will find me in a mix of Dickies, Red Kap, and/or old Army fatigues (I get a lot of wear out of my OG-507 shirt).

While I’m not obviously vintage, I’ve basically phased everything glaringly modern out of my wardrobe.

-Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran