Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WOW DEADSTOCK 30s TIE FABRIC--ART DECO GALORE

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Nick,

Can I just say (and I'm sure I'm speaking for lots of others), well done and thank you for organising this.

And thanks to Damian for suggesting it in the first place.

Cheers.

DamianM

Vendor
4700.jpg

I found some ties similar to the fabrics we are ordering

4708.jpg

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Nick,

Can I just say (and I'm sure I'm speaking for lots of others), well done and thank you for organising this.

And thanks to Damian for suggesting it in the first place.

Cheers.

My pleasure, and thank you to everyone for their interest!

I received the next length of 14 today, and ordered the lengths of 13 and 19.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Received 13 and 19 today. I have all the pieces for the 10 and 14 ties sewn together, and have to hem the tips and sew them up. I will be going to a wedding a couple states over the day after tomorrow, so anything I can't finish before I go will be finished as soon as I get back. I am also running out of tie interfacing, which I will order before I leave and should be here when I get back.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Tie arrival

Here's the fantastic "new" tie next to an authentic vintage example.

P1070584.JPG

Thanks so much Nick!

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Glad you like the tie, RLK

We may do some more, but I have 8 to finish right now, so it would have to wait until they're done.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, gents :) TT, if there's interest I will certainly do some more. I also have modern silks that I've bought to make ties, but that's outside the scope of this particular project. Maybe I should get some labels (sewn onto the small end, of course).

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I think you should definitely design a label. Over on 'The Cap Faction' there was pages of discussion over a design for a 'Simonds Cap' label. Great fun, and lots of enthusiastic input.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21