Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WPG B-3 jacket question

JEEP

Practically Family
I did a search, but couldn't find any subjects relating to this offering from WPG.

I have been looking for a B-3 for some time, but at the moment I am lacking the funds to buy one from any of the "big" vendors on the market.

I found this a couple of days ago; http://www.whatpriceglory.com/usflight.htm

It looks to be a nice reproduction B-3. But, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this particular jacket?

Regards.

Jakob

JEEP

Practically Family
Just read the review. It seems to be a nice B-3 at the price - but I am looking for something of a slightly better quality.

I think I will be better off saving up some more money and getting an aero or US-Wings instead.

Regards.

Jakob

John Lever

One Too Many
JEEP said:
Just read the review. It seems to be a nice B-3 at the price - but I am looking for something of a slightly better quality.

I think I will be better off saving up some more money and getting an aero or US-Wings instead.

Regards.

Jakob
Check you messages ...

tgd31968

New in Town
JEEP said:

Regards.

Jakob

I ordered an Aero b-3 in the b-6/D-1 weight sheepskin. It was a nice jacket, but the russet color didn't work for me, and I had some concerns about the jacket, so I have sent it back and they are sending me one in seal.

Also, you can order from ELC directly, and not pay HPA a huge premium. Ordering directly from ELC puts the price in the same range as Aero.

I almost did the same thing you are contemplating. I came close to buying a WPG. Then I visited the factory on a business trip to CA, and tried several on. If you are on a budget and want a b-3 looking jacket, they are ok. BUT, up close, they are a bit rough around the edges. And, the examples I tried on have the zips on the wrong side, like a womans coat is here in the US.
After I saw them in the flesh, I opted to wait until I saved up for a better one.

Terry

JLStorm

Practically Family
tgd31968 said:
I ordered an Aero b-3 in the b-6/D-1 weight sheepskin. It was a nice jacket, but the russet color didn't work for me, and I had some concerns about the jacket, so I have sent it back and they are sending me one in seal.

Also, you can order from ELC directly, and not pay HPA a huge premium. Ordering directly from ELC puts the price in the same range as Aero.

I almost did the same thing you are contemplating. I came close to buying a WPG. Then I visited the factory on a business trip to CA, and tried several on. If you are on a budget and want a b-3 looking jacket, they are ok. BUT, up close, they are a bit rough around the edges. And, the examples I tried on have the zips on the wrong side, like a womans coat is here in the US.
After I saw them in the flesh, I opted to wait until I saved up for a better one.

Terry

Just out of curiosity, what made you choose Aero over ELC? I like the Aero B3 better for several reasons...but I find I'm one of the very few that prefer Aero to ELC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters