Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WW II M-1941 Field Jacket

Hopalong

One of the Regulars
Can anybody tell me who reproduces these jackets and does an excellent reproduction? My Father wore the M-1941 jacket in the Air Corp during WW II, as seen in a picture I have of him wearing the jacket but on his M-1941 jacket the side pockets had a button flap which I imagine would be early WW II and I imagine I might have a problem finding a reproduction the the button flap side pocket? Thanks Mike

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Hopalong said:
Can anybody tell me who reproduces these jackets and does an excellent reproduction? My Father wore the M-1941 jacket in the Air Corp during WW II, as seen in a picture I have of him wearing the jacket but on his M-1941 jacket the side pockets had a button flap which I imagine would be early WW II and I imagine I might have a problem finding a reproduction the the button flap side pocket? Thanks Mike

The jacket you describe is the M38 "Parson's" jacket, predecessor of the M41. It had a few differences from the M41 including the pocket flaps.

'At The Front' use to make an excellent reproduction of this jacket but they don't seem to any more. I don't know who else would make this style of jacket.

Lance Uppercut

Familiar Face
I've been looking for a good repro of this jacket as well but the only ones I've been able to find have been made in China. A complete deal-breaker for me.

Hopalong

One of the Regulars
J.M.
At The Front still sells them but I guess I need an M38 instead of an M41 jacket from what I was told which will be harder to find a repro of, most likely. Mike

jeep44

One of the Regulars
My Dad was in the Mighty Eighth, and he had his squadron insignia (Bugs Bunny riding a bomb) on both his A2, and painted on his M41.

Hopalong

One of the Regulars
My Dad was in the 5th Air force and I wore out his A2 in the 1950's when I was a kid. I've only seen a picture of him wearing his 1st pattern M41 and all it had on it was a leather name tag. Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats