Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII Army Officers Dress Shoes

Doug C

Practically Family
Just found another option..

Found these while surfing, anyone tried or seen them before? Opinions?

Doug C

Doug C

Practically Family
AWW! I forgot to add the stupid link! Now I can't find it again, I knew I should have jotted it down, and I found it while on my work computer earlier in the day. I don't get the same site listings when I search "russet low quarter officer shoes" at home. But it was from a place that maybe had "D-day" in the name somewhere. I wish I could remember because the shoes looked pretty good and none of the other major repro companies besides BR are offering them. They were priced at 75Euro which I think is about $98 USD.

Doug C

Doug C

Practically Family
Aw, you came through Fletch, glad you were able to locate them. At least they are from a mfg that claims them to be Low Quarter Officer Shoes but I'm not sure if I like the look all that much more than the LandsEnd shoes that were found earlier. I wish there were pic from other angels.

Doug C

Doug C

Practically Family
I sure wish the other manufacturers would get off their butts and offer a shoe that would be closer than this one..

Doug C

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Stand-by for incoming data!...

I've been searching for these for a couple of years! Bostonian used to make a shoe called the Raleigh - a pretty close match to WWII USAAF Officer's shoes, without a cap toe.

Currently there a several pairs of brand new Bostonian Raleighs available on eBay. Just put in a search of Bostonian Raleigh and they'll pop right up. I will try to snatch a picture and post it too.

BostonianRaleigh.jpg

I think these are great looking shoes for general wear anyway, including your vintage outfits. With a set of Class A's, they're perfect! I'm making this information available to all of you, all I ask is that you save a pair of size 11's for me!

Check 'em out! Start the bidding!

-dixon cannon

Doug C

Practically Family
Yes Dixon, thanks a ton for the heads up! I grabbed myself a pair, actually got a 10.5 medium and wide cause I wasn't sure of the size I needed. I'll keep the ones that fit perfect and let the others go cheap in our classified section. I also bought a pair of WWII service shoe rubber soles, which were super cheap. I'm going to talk to a good cobbler about maybe adding them to the bottom of these Bostonians just like the Buzz Rickson's officer shoes have. If it seems too thick or something then I will atleast have a pair of replacements for the service shoes (boot) that I will eventually be getting. Now, where can I locate some brown cotton (WWII like) Laces in the proper length? Thanks again Dixon..

Doug C

Dixon Cannon

I finally got 'em...

These are the Bostonian Raleigh dress shoes I bought on eBay recently. I am very pleased with them, of course I must find some flat shoelaces. I think they will do nicely with my Class A's.

4-18-07-84.jpg

4-18-07-81.jpg

-dixon cannon

Speedster

Practically Family
Sometime ago, somewhere in here, someone posted some pictures of original wartime officers shoes. But i cannot find the thread again.

One of these pairs were Stacy Adams shoes in brown (with cap toes) exactly like the Stacy Adams Madisons that you can still buy today:

>> Broken Photo Link <<

And if you could buy them during WWII and somebody apparently did, then they could be considered the real deal and at USD 93.95 from www.zappos.com, they are considerably cheaper than the reproduction Buzz Ricksons (which i would very much like to have).

I know that the Stacy Adams Madisons are not as sturdy a shoe as some of the other alternatives listed in this thread (i have a pair of the Madisons boots in black), but what the heck - if they are the real deal[huh]

I guess the same applies if you are after Officers dress boots. The Stacy Adams Madisons boots were also available back then as they are now:

>> Broken Photo Link <<

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Speedster...

The Stacy Adams SHOES are close, but... technically the OLQs were supposed to be plain toe. However, as stated MANY times over in this thread and elsewhere, the OLQs were a private purchase item and pretty much any brown shoe was accepted on most bases.

The boots are a better match, but with so many companies offering decent and affordable reproductions, I'd probably go with one of the others.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Couple questions:

1) Anybody doing the monkstrap (aka monkfront) in plain toe? Monkstrap seems to go with moc toe these days.

2) I've seen pictures of NCOs, especially airmen, wearing LQ shoes. What were the regs concerning that?

Dixon Cannon

Ha, Ha, Ha......

BostonianRaleigh2.jpg

There!... fixed it! I just lowered my waistline to show off my skivvies. Ya want a picture of that now????? :rolleyes:

(And beside.... you never know when a flash flood will come down the wash here in the Arizona desert. I gotta be prepared, don't I!!??)

-Dixie(?) Cannon :p

Doug C

Practically Family
Speedster, those are my Stacy Adams

Speedster, I think the thread with Stacy Adams Office LQ shoes was a for sale thread I started..here's the link, and the pictures are close to the end (the Stacy Adams are the last pair pictured)
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=17517&highlight=stacy

I still have all of these shoes and they're still for sale if anyone wants to make an offer.

BTW - Speedster looks like we think alike, I even drive a vintage Porsche as my daily driver!

Doug C

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic