Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wildfang Design Visit

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^^
That would go well with 40-oz jeans from Naked and Famous, but I don't know if they ever went into production.

Yes indeed. I wonder how it would feel wearing both. It really depends on how well you can move in them. The cod liver tanned jacket is currently my daily wearer, it is the jacket with the thickest hide I have, yet it is very comfortable and softening up quickly to boot. Then again it is elk and not bullhide.

That shop looks amazing. The jackets look long snd not my style, but I'd still love to visit it just because the shop looks so great.

Visiting Wildfang is a lot of fun, they have been collecting hides for decades and there are some really intesting creations to check out.

As for style, you would have to have them in hand to really make up your mind. You really need to wear their jackets and see how they look worn. The biker jacket is originally long, but they have another biker jacket that is designed to be shorter such as this one:

1707142945035.jpeg

It is based on a classic german design called the "schnell jacke" or fast jaclket if memeory serves

And then you have this one I posted in the other thread

1707143111253.jpeg

@Marc mndt found an original and posted about it here

Yes indeed. I wonder how it would feel wearing both. It really depends on how well you can move in them. The cod liver tanned jacket is currently my daily wearer, it is the jacket with the thickest hide I have, yet it is very comfortable and softening up quickly to boot. Then again it is elk and not bullhide.

Visiting Wildfang is a lot of fun, they have been collecting hides for decades and there are some really intesting creations to check out.

As for style, you would have to have them in hand to really make up your mind. You really need to wear their jackets and see how they look worn. The biker jacket is originally long, but they have another biker jacket that is designed to be shorter such as this one:

View attachment 587547

It is based on a classic german design called the "schnell jacke" or fast jaclket if memeory serves

View attachment 587552

The brown jacket is cool. I’d go for smaller spots and maybe less of them but still interesting.

tuanhng614

Familiar Face
For those curious about the super heavy leather jacket that Wildfang is potentially making, here is a pic of a swatch of the hide

View attachment 587332

View attachment 587333

The hide is 4.5mm, you can see £1 coins for reference.

4.5mm translates to 12oz.
What animal does this hide come from? It’s wildly exceed my imagination…in a good way

What does it feel like in your hand? From the side view, it looks almost like hollowed sponge.

Do you plan to order a jacket with it? Or is this just a sample they send you to check out. Either way, they do have some crazily interesting stuffs.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It is bullhide I think. It feels moderately pliable, and super tough.

No plans from my side, it is a project that they are currently exploring.

Oh yes, they have a lot of interesting hides, decades of collecting!

tuanhng614

Familiar Face

View attachment 587547

View attachment 587552

So funny when you posted this, Thedi shows one of his interpretation on IG

1707191040883.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner