Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yes, more Highwayman questions...

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, John. Glad to hear that your old Highwayman didn't need that leather strip or the leather cuffs. I think the strip looks cool, but not worth the price, especially if the lining does fine without it. BTW-- what kind of lining do you have? I'm going with a Tartan, so maybe it's a different situation.
Think you got a little mixed up here, the cuffs were ok but the waist wore through where the side straps are so maybe I could do with a leather internal waistband, or at least some small reinforcements where the side straps attach. Most second hand Highwayman jackets I have seen for sale have not worn in these areas so maybe it is just the placement of my hips;) But then I am a bit of a fatty.
My Cordovan Highwayman has a brown moleskin lining and my black version a Black Watch wool tartan to match my Barnstormer. These two are heavy Horse but my older one is steer with a sheepskin lining.
Johnny Tee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner