Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you have too many leather jackets when

Peacoat

Bartender
Is having the same jacket in two different colours a sign? I'm not sure....
Yes, having the same jacket in two different colors is definitely a sign.

...the fact that she knows what they are and can tell them apart is actually a lot more alarming proof that you have too many jackets.
My wife can't tell my jackets apart, so she never knows how many I have. Now, of course she can tell the black ones from the brown ones and the ones with fur on the collars, but that is about it.

Last edited:

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Now...let me figure a way to get my wife out of the house when UPS arrives this afternoon with my latest A-2, which requires a signature for delivery...

Deliveries to the house invite confrontation and acrimony.

Rule 7.3(c): All jacket purchases get delivered to the office (or, in the absence of an outside office, a PO Box, friend, or local pub).

Yes, having the same jacket in two different colors is definitely a sign.

My wife can't tell my jackets apart, so she never knows how many I have. Now, of course she can tell the black ones from the brown ones and the ones with fur on the collars, but that is about it.
Mine too, the only one she really knows and dislikes is my model E. Says I look like a bad lieutenant.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
When you can't find one particular jacket in the pile even after you turned everything upside down.

It's how I know I'm doing it right. Now if I were draped in a lambskin poncho...she'd probably love it:eek:

Exactly! If it was up to her, I'd be wearing a brown dufflecoat that's eight sizes too large. That would be "You look nice!" jacket. No, thank you.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Her reaction to my jacket collection will indeed be a major factor in my decision about a wife. Perhaps she will have some type of similar fetish about shoes, since I have this to some degree about boots. :)

CBI

One Too Many
My wife is the best, really great. She HATES my leather jackets. At this point, I simply don't wear them when we go out. It's my Colombia and North Face fleece jackets and pullovers just like everyone other moron.............

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I've never met a woman yet who likes leather jackets any more enthusiastically than, shrug... "it's ok, I guess... it smells nice..." If Columbia and North Face help you get some sugar, then not so moronic, I say. :p

My wife is the best, really great. She HATES my leather jackets. At this point, I simply don't wear them when we go out. It's my Colombia and North Face fleece jackets and pullovers just like everyone other moron.............

lol! Maybe all those guys went through the same thing? Probably not, though...

I've never been with a woman that actually liked-liked any of my jackets. There was one that had serious hots for leather jackets but didn't really care nor notice what it was as long as it was black. That was the only time that my jackets did anything toward helping me get some sugar but then she married a North Face fleece and sweatpants-stuffed-into-socks wearing moron...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925