Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you have too many leather jackets when

Marv

A-List Customer
Just tell the other half that your leather jacket is a luxury item made by Mulberry, DKNY, CHANEL or one of the many fashion houses that make lady's leather goods, even it's made from the same leather as her handbag.

It might work, you never know. :)

When you begin considering this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-19t...-Hand-Sewn-Leather-Jerkin-Jacket/252206128009

Just tell the other half that your leather jacket is a luxury item made by Mulberry, DKNY, CHANEL or one of the many fashion houses that make lady's leather goods, even it's made from the same leather as her handbag.

It might work, you never know. :)

In all seriousness, showing them the price does sort of work. My girl got at least a little bit more appreciative of the jackets I have after she say the price tag on some.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Same here, i got the ball roling by getting her a Lewis Leathers for her birthday, she then got herself an Aero, and i have since walked on her looking a leather jackets... If you can't beat them, turn them!

She bought me a Rin Tanaka book out of the blue. Her>jackets. :)

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My girlfriend could be coming around as well. The other day she mentioned that she might like an A-2 style jacket. I looked around a bit and I think I've settled on the Cockpit WASP jacket that is cut and tailored for women. I'll keep you guys posted...

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Other half has a Sea Biscuit hanging in the bedroom, just waiting for the summer to come around, so we're half-way there. That said, I have stood in the Aero showroom with herself, held up an A-2 and heard the immortal response 'but you have one, two of those already', and it takes everything not to reply 'your point is, caller?'. Not sure how I'm going to broach the Good Wear when it arrives. Still, I've got another eight or do months to deal with that...

dan_t

Practically Family
Other half has a Sea Biscuit hanging in the bedroom, just waiting for the summer to come around...
This is hilarious Craig. This pic was taken on sunday during our summer in Sydney, can't imagine wearing a leather jacket for some reason......

IMG_2518.JPG

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I was reading how harsh your summer has been. At the moment, there is a gentle drizzle of sleet-y snow falling outside my living room window and it's 3C, so I'm going to be living in my Anj-4 for the next day or so. Tbh, by the end of the month, we'll start seeing the slow steady climb to spring and the mercury will hit the heady heights of, ooh, 12C. This is why Scotland is optimum jacket country...

Hypoxic

One of the Regulars
When you look into you own closet and say, "what jacket is this?"

Even better,

When the GF says, "I never bought you that jacket!"
And you say, "Uh... Yeah, you did."

CBI

One Too Many
Yes, yes, get the Misses interested.....been there, tried that, she prefers cloth. And she likes brand spank'in new clothes that look like they are never worn. As soon as leather breaks in (looks awesome) she says it looks old and used. I totally can't win with leather. Oh and then, once we discuss prices..............holy s%@#*&$%@!

I started NOT wearing leather about a year ago when we go out together and I can tell a positive difference. When the Misses thinks the husband looks good, well.............................

BobJ

Practically Family

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925