Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

your height and the length of your A2 please

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I'm fascinated by this discussion of A2 length. I have always liked longer jackets than some folks here - half-belts at 27 inches, etc. With an A2 and its elasticised waist, I would be inclined to go shorter. Sounds like I don't understand the length issue with these jackets.

schitzo

Suspended
Here is my latest: G&B Air Corps Type A-2 Mark 41 mahogany MWHH labeled size 40 (tall) with the following measurements:
pit to pit - 24.5"
sleeves - 27"
back - 27"

The pit to pit for this size 40 A-2 is 1" greater than my Aero Bronco A-2 labeled as size 44, which illustrates the need for going by measurements rather than labeled size.

It gets weirder. This one, at just 27", definitely isn't too short and if anything it's a touch long. Very nice looking leather though, that colour looks like it'd be perfect for red rust knits. And those jeans look interesting too - are they Gustins per chance?

Last edited:

schitzo

Suspended
In my novice experience with A-2s, it seems there are unanswered questions/bermuda triangle mysteries when it comes to their length. One manufacter's 26" might cover your belt while another's doesn't, also why larger sized jackets (XL+) sometimes have lengths of 27"-28", the man is 5'9" but the jacket still looks not too long and proportional?

Nick would you mind posting a pic of you in your aerial star for educational purposes? I know it's too short but I think looking at that could help others. Like me!

Brettafett

One Too Many
Here is my latest: G&B Air Corps Type A-2 Mark 41 mahogany MWHH labeled size 40 (tall) with the following measurements:
pit to pit - 24.5"
sleeves - 27"
back - 27"

The pit to pit for this size 40 A-2 is 1" greater than my Aero Bronco A-2 labeled as size 44, which illustrates the need for going by measurements rather than labeled size.

Nice looking jacket. Good lengths.

Brettafett

One Too Many
I am 5'11, slim athletic build and weigh around 155/ 70kgs...
I usually wear a size 40 Long, with 26" body and sleeves (premium makers...).
Ideal A-2 would be 18" shoulders, 21" to 22" pit to pit (dep on contract/ maker).
I have 'evolved' a need for sightly longer lengths. I realized that it annoyed me when I had to reach for something or when driving, having the sleeves ride up and the cuffs move right up past my wrists. And every time, after a few months, the sleeves inevitably creased and shortened by around 0.5 inches, made it worse.
But, thats the A-2 for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails