Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your suggestions for Flying tigers insignia on a repro A-2 (x-mas Gift)

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
I decided to Get my younger brother some Insignia for a modern Cooper A-2 I gave him a few years ago, He really likes the Jacket and Regularily Wears it, I find the fit of the Jacket Appaulingly bad, and for some reason he is able to pull it off.

your thoughts and suggestions welcome!

(the jacket insignia is going to be part of his X-mas Gift)

He likes the Flying Tigers insignia, but I am not sure of what would be *correct* to order, and if you have any suggestions, by all means!

Please let me know if theres any places other than Ebay to order this type of thing from. I dont think he will mind if some of the patches came from China, Im sort of on a Tight budget this year and dont know what to get for the rest of my family as of yet.

Im not sure of all the variations of Squadron patches and groupings etc, so far all I know for sure Is Im getting him a couple leather name tags.

Open to ideas, Eventually Im painting the a Flying Tiger on the back of it, probly with a P-40 and sharks teeth. :cool:

thanks in advance!

-J

Justhandguns

Practically Family
Have you looked at the VLJ forum, there are a few fellows over there who make or paint really nice leather wartime AVG patches. You can easily find more than one of them on Ebay with reasonable prices.

I second JHG's post. Some really talented guys over there (and I think here too) that make killer patches.
I've had a couple done. Here's a shot of my Aero Bronco with a "23rd Bomber Squadron" patch that was my Dad's unit:

A8E4568F-6BCB-45A8-B6A5-229C4C5AF3CF-8847-0000055130DDC2E2.jpg

The feller that made this is named Jim. Awesome to work with.
PM me for his email if you like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails