“WTF’ Hats,” that are hard to believe...

Discussion in 'Hats' started by hatsRme, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Yep, same here.

Blare likes this.
  2. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

hat fail.jpg
    Nice shirt, the shoes could do with a clean up though.

3. Rmccamey

Rmccamey My Mail is Forwarded Here

That does seem to be a set of conflicting wardrobe elements!

4. Louis Mountbatten

Louis Mountbatten One of the Regulars

Hoo, man... a white guy with dreadlocks is a big no no these days.

5. I’ve never understood “racial appropriation.” We all share styles and fashion and I don’t see the inappropriateness of it. Not that I’ll be sporting dreads anytime soon.

Bushman, Jesse John, Rumad and 2 others like this.
  6. Thank you!!! I was trying to figure out how to assemble a response to that photo, and I couldn't possibly phrase it any better than you have!

Rmccamey likes this.
  7. Louis Mountbatten

I couldn't agree more. But, the mob would come after this guy anyway.

hatsRme, Zombie_61 and deadlyhandsome like this.
  8. 1961MJS

1961MJS My Mail is Forwarded Here

Hey, I'm Scottish and German, y'all can culturally appropriate our beer if I can appropriate Pizza, Fettuciini, Tacos, Burritos, and sushi. You can't call any place the thinks Haggis is food cultural. To add to the insult, they have beans on toast... I think that's why the English, Scottish, Irish, and Germans have such great booze. its so they can stand the food. Fish and Chips is an exception with Brautwurst.
    Merry Xmass

Bushman, Bamaboots, Blare and 9 others like this.
  9. My Dad had more than a little German in his heritage, and one of his sisters (or maybe a cousin; my family tree is rather tangled) used to make...well, I can't remember what she called them, but they were very much like a turnover pastry except they were filled with cabbage and spicy ground beef. Absolutely delicious! But, yeah, some foods from the various European countries sound like they'd be pretty hard to choke down.

10. Tukwila

Tukwila My Mail is Forwarded Here

Those meat pie/turnovers sound like the "pasty" my old boss used to make, but they were more Scandinavian than German.

Dad's side had some German and English. Third great grandfather fled Germany so his sons wouldn't be conscripted into the German army... only to arrive in America and both served the U.S. in the war of 1812!

Rmccamey, Blare and deadlyhandsome like this.
  11. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

What that sounds like is The Cornish pasty. The English county of Cornwall juts out into the Atlantic Ocean in the SW corner of our country. Cornwall was at one time, the largest supplier in the world of the metal, tin. The miners had a pasty for their meal. The pastry was turned over and made a heavy crust around the edge, this was for holding the pasty, it would be discarded when the meal was finished. Tin is highly toxic, having a crust to hold help prevent poisoning from the tin. It was said that the miners had their pasties with a centre strip of pastry inside. One side of the pasty was savoury, the other sweet, nowadays it's all savoury. If you Google history of The Cornish pasty you will see much trivia about the delicacy.

So do you wear the Tam O'Shanter when eating your fish & chips?

hatsRme, Blare, Zombie_61 and 2 others like this.
  12. Close, but as I recall the dough used for the outer shell was more "doughy" than "flaky" like that of the Cornish Pasty. While researching pastys I stumbled upon Bierocks, a.k.a. German stuffed rolls, which sound like a closer match than the pasty. If I didn't loathe cooking so much I'd have copied a recipe or three and tried them just to see how close they'd come to what I remember eating.

deadlyhandsome and Blare like this.
  13. Snowman

Snowman One of the Regulars

Just ran across this gem if anyone is interested... 09AF02F5-5E56-473C-87AA-B660EE086241.jpeg

14. No judgement here (even on the spelling) --- I'm hoping you guys do it.

[​IMG]

15. Tukwila

Tukwila My Mail is Forwarded Here

yikes!

Blare and deadlyhandsome like this.
  16. Bushman

Bushman My Mail is Forwarded Here

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Just A Hat Rack and Rmccamey like this.
  17. Rmccamey

Rmccamey My Mail is Forwarded Here

I guess that one is "the Ugly"!!!

18. Boy, there isn't ONE thing about that hat that would make me want to own one.

hatsRme, Blare, Tukwila and 1 other person like this.
  19. I just don’t get anything about this hat. Apparently they cut off most of the crown ribbon and sewed part of it on the brim? Hobo chic is not not something I get.

5E750FDB-7BA8-4D77-8668-1231961E7420.jpeg 66D468EF-88B0-463B-82CA-89428EE0CE0C.jpeg 10B4A189-0647-4192-B507-2D40C5C8AFB5.jpeg

hatsRme, steur, Zombie_61 and 4 others like this.
  20. Louis Mountbatten

It's Ahrt, Dahling.
    LOL