Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

“WTF’ Hats,” that are hard to believe...

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Have to ask...this "Peel" you speak of, any relation to the Peel and Jones Shoe Company?
The lack of organisation and efficiency of early law enforcement was often a source of public controversy. Because of this, a parliamentary committee was appointed to investigate the current system of policing. Upon Sir Robert Peel being appointed as Home Secretary in 1822, he established a second and more effective committee, and acted upon its findings. Robert Peel, believing that the way to standardise the police was to make it an official paid profession, to organise it in a civilian fashion, and to make it answerable to the public. After he presented his ideas to Parliament, they were approved and made official with the Metropolitan Police Act of 1829.

The first officers were known as Peelers, after Robert Peel's surname, but they soon became known as "Bobbies." And in a wonderful irony, they wore a similar hat to that which caused such outrage 25 years previously.
A__Peeler.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I remember when rock was young
Me and Suzie had so much fun
Holding hands and skimming stones
Had an old gold Chevy and a place of my own
But the biggest kick I ever got
Was doing a thing called the Crocodile Rock
While the other kids were Rocking Round the Clock
We were hopping and bopping to the Crocodile Rock.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

OK, I like hats a lot. I like Panama hats a lot, but I don't buy many. If you accidentally, drunkenly, or otherwise step on a felt hat, you just gently re-shape it. If you do that with a Panama, you're just out a hat. It amazes me that the more fragile hat costs so much more. Yes I DO understand the work that goes into weaving the hat...

Gator hat, OMG the picture was bad enough, then the caption, then the following message on the Crocodile Rock. I won't be able to sing along anymore cause I'll be laughing.

Later

Hi

OK, I like hats a lot. I like Panama hats a lot, but I don't buy many. If you accidentally, drunkenly, or otherwise step on a felt hat, you just gently re-shape it. If you do that with a Panama, you're just out a hat. It amazes me that the more fragile hat costs so much more. Yes I DO understand the work that goes into weaving the hat...

Gator hat, OMG the picture was bad enough, then the caption, then the following message on the Crocodile Rock. I won't be able to sing along anymore cause I'll be laughing.

Later

Teamwork.. eh @GHT ? LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points