Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

100 years and still going strong!

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Not meant to be political, but the 29th of March marked the 100th Birthday of one of the world's iconic firearms. The Colt Government Model .45. Accepted by the U S Army, it was replaced by a 9mm in the 80s, but never fully retired. It is still serving as one of the premier sidearms available and is made by dozens of companies today. So Happy Birthday to "Old Slabsides"!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
A lot of history to that weapon. I only fam fired it in Boot Camp. They told us it was the most dangerous weapon in the entire Marine Corps arsenal because of its cute little trick of leaving a round in the chamber when you take the magazine out. But still, an iconic object of modern times.

I've fired alot of handguns(and have many different calibers in my collection)..but the Colt .45 acp semi auto and some of it's clones remains my favorite carry gun. Happy Birthday old friend.
HD

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Not meant to be political, but the 29th of March marked the 100th Birthday of one of the world's iconic firearms. The Colt Government Model .45. Accepted by the U S Army, it was replaced by a 9mm in the 80s, but never fully retired. It is still serving as one of the premier sidearms available and is made by dozens of companies today. So Happy Birthday to "Old Slabsides"!

One the finest firearms ever made. John Browning knew what he was doing. Happy Birthday 1911.

Kirk H.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21